View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 06:05   #1 (permalink)
WreCks
Freak Poster

Member: 536359
Sonork: 100.1654663
Thanks Meter: 57
Will evasi0n jailbreak be updated for iOS 7.1? pod2g says unlikely

Earlier today, Apple released iOS 7.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apart from new features, improvements and much needed crash fixes, Apple has patched number of vulnerabilities in iOS 7.1 that were used by the evasi0n7 jailbreak.

Jailbreakers are advised to stay away from today’s update unless they want to lose their jailbreak, and pod2g further clarified that the evad3rs team doesn’t plan on actively working on an iOS 7.1 jailbreak. He did say that he has some iOS 7.1 jailbreak ideas, but he’d work on them only if he has enough time.
Here’s what pod2g said:
“For iOS 7.1, I don’t know … there is a big chance the evad3rs won’t focus on it as a team … expect that for iOS 8
“If one day, I find myself bored and can put enough time and energy into it, I have some ideas for how to make a 7.1 jailbreak … depending on how it has been fixed and other external events.”
The release of evasi0n 7 involved a lot of controversy, with the involvement of Chinese App Store TaiG, and the come back of popular hacker Geohot in the jailbreaking scene. Allegations claimed that the evad3rs team burned a few exploits in evasi0n 7 that could be saved for a later jailbreak.
So until there’s a clear indication that pod2g will be releasing an iOS 7.1 jailbreak, you should stay away from the upgrade button on your iPhone or iPad.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WreCks For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked

Page generated in 0.11353 seconds with 8 queries