Freak Poster

Member: 1180290
Sonork: 100.1652502
Thanks Meter: 73
Donate money to this user
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankmobile View Post
I even*tu*ally took a scroll through the crash dump which iTunes was sug*gest*ing I should send to Apple for analy*sis. It appeared from the logs that the updated OS image was fail*ing a check*sum ver*i*fi*ca*tion i.e. it had been cor*rupted dur*ing the down*load. A few min*utes of search*ing pro*vided the infor*ma*tion needed to fix the problem:
  1. Un-dock and shut*down the iPad (Note: You will not see the ‘Red’ power down slider in this state)
  2. Shut*down iTunes
  3. Delete the pre*vi*ously down*loaded soft*ware update file which you will find in these loca*tion depend*ing on your system:
    1. Mac Loca*tion: /users/<user name>/Library/iTunes/iPad Soft*ware Updates
    2. PC Loca*tion (Pre Win*dows 7): \Doc*u*ments and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Soft*ware Updates
    3. PC Loca*tion (Win*dows 7): \Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Soft*ware Updates
  4. ‘Empty Trash’ to be on the safe side.
  5. Restart iTunes
  6. Dock iPad
  7. Fol*low the prompts to have iTunes down*load the OS upgrade again
  8. Once down*loaded iTunes should auto*mat*i*cally upgrade the iPad with the new OS and bring it out of restore mode.
  9. This will restore the iPad to fac*tory settings
  10. Once the fac*tory restore is com*plete iTunes will let you fur*ther restore the iPad from the most recent backup of the device before it encoun*tered the prob*lems. This should recover your apps, data and user settings.
I hope this fix will also work if you get ‘Error 14′ dur*ing an apple device update. The down*load files will be found at the same loca*tions except in the ‘iPhone Soft*ware Updates’ directory.
I hope this helps if you been try*ing to recover from this very annoy*ing and frus*trat*ing problem.

Br.
Shashank
tried this but still same.......

Page generated in 0.06766 seconds with 7 queries