View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 23:16   #11 (permalink)
irepairr
Major Poster

Member: 2146207
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcceleghg View Post
The solution is simple and easy. you just need to delete the previously downloaded update / upgrade file (iOS firmware file with .ipsw file extension). To resolve the error follow these steps:-

Close iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC / Laptop
Delete the ipsw file download previously. The downloaded ipsw file is located at following locations depending upon your computer OS. For iPhone

Windows XP: System Drive:/Doc*u*ments and Settings/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Soft*ware Updates
Windows 7: System Drive:/Users/Your Username/App Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

For iPod and iPad

Windows XP: System Drive:/Doc*u*ments and Settings/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates 0r iPad Software Updates
Windows 7: System Drive:/Users/Your Username/App Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates 0r iPad Software Updates

Now restart iTunes and download the update / upgrade file again.
Update / Upgrade using iTunes update / upgrade button.

If you still face the same error restart your PC / Mac. These steps can be followed for any iOS version for resolving iTunes error 14.
Hi, thanks but this did not work for me. I have deleted and re-downloaded fresh ipsw's numerous time from the above directory and it has not worked. I have even tried uninstalling all of the drivers from my laptop and reinstalling them hoping that this would fix the issue but it hasn't.

I have also tried two different cables, a different battery, dock connector, USB port, disabling anti virus all to no avail.

Do you have anymore suggestions?

Page generated in 0.07224 seconds with 7 queries