string_master
No Life Poster

Member: 177503
Sonork: 100.1657346
Thanks Meter: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by moulnisky View Post
Hi Bro,
Belive me: don't put any hope on the donations.
I even removed the paypal address where doing them as in one year I got only 3 donations for a total amount of 30$ neither enaugh to pay one of the hosting services we been using.
I'm not missing here the hardware to build a dedicated hosting server (Have a couple of nice beasts just getting dust) but I well know there is no way I could ever get enaugh from the donations to pay the 130 pounds per month needed for a line with the needed bandwidth to support the 1000+ download that are going on contnuosly from the website.
The only help we get in the expenses comes from the advertising but even there, whatever every day over 6k people use the website, we don't get more then 120-130 click on the banners and considering 92% of the users are from India, they are paid not more then 5 cents each.
Just to have a laugh I get more support from French users cos of Viko and acer (2 brands) then from India with over 30 brands fully supported.

BR

Alex
@moulnisky
i think its because lack of awareness. most users don't know how the adsense work. why don't u put one intro on the home page of the site requesting users to click on Google adds every time they download any file or at least once daily when they visit the site. like other sites, Mashable for an example insist visitors to like their fb page.
also open a fb page where u can post news of newly updated files so that everybody will know. no doubt fb the most convenient way to reach peoples.
i think this way, from the site adsense and fb advertising u can get fair amount to run a good server.
P.S. if u need a helping hand to manage fb page and other things, i can help u.

Page generated in 0.12890 seconds with 6 queries