View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 08:24   #4059 (permalink)
RLOOK

Member: 2362804
Thanks Meter: 0
At wits end - 1st time asking for help

So many requests on this forum so hopefully I'm now asking the same question someone else has - and my first post so bare with me - I'm far from a newbie when it comes to computers, starting with a Vic20 and moving on up the hardware highway from there - recently though I've felt defeated with a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 and a forgotten Bios Password that I originally said I could correct. About to eat my words and pride I figured I would ask for help. And I need it. Information for laptop is:

Dell Inspiron 15 3521
System Disabled Code: 9557E5CE46E1C66B
Service Tag: JW2XPX1
(all information shown in a blue box after three incorrect tries)

There are no 4 character suffixes to follow a service tag#, no obvious indication of a bios chip that can be shorted, and after complete disassembly and inspection of hardware, then reading for several nights through what seemed dozens of forums and informative sites, THEN aborting the entire idea dealing with the SMI chips, reassembling, still unable to boot from CD no matter what, and finally stuck with the notion that secure boot has been enabled yada, yada - I need help. Two weeks have passed since I first began this challenge. The only thing I have heard that I have not tried was to replace the LCD..? (supposedly triggering a change in hardware and a bios update, could be a Mythbusters deal..). Can someone help me get the password for this? My wife will thank you much for letting me get back to her while I still have hair on my head.

Help with password!

Page generated in 0.09648 seconds with 7 queries