View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 14:50   #8 (permalink)
gcceleghg
No Life Poster

Member: 1766567
Thanks Meter: 1,788
Current status of the jailbreak for iOS 8 [April 2015]

You are many users who inquire us about the current situation in the jailbreak for iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.3. For this reason I write this post as a summary to clear some doubts about the present and future jailbreak.

There are several hackers / equipment that are related to the jailbreak. Some of them are far from the "scene" and not expected to do anything in the short term, but there are 4 teams that are working to provide the ability to remove the limitations on our iPhone. I'll start talking about these 4 teams.

evad3rs
The evad3rs team consists of 4 hackers: pimskeks, planetbeing, pod2g and MuscleNerd. 4 members joined in early 2013 and together have launched evasi0n and evasi0n7, jailbreaks for iOS 6 and iOS 7, respectively. In addition, pod2g was responsible for other jailbreaks as of iOS 5.

TAIG and Pangu
The most recent jailbreaks have come to us from China. Initially it intended TAIG attach a china shop jailbreak applications evasi0n7 partnering with evad3rs, but the store was removed in new versions because, according evad3rs and Saurik, inciting piracy. TAIG are responsible for the latest jailbreak released for public iOS version, which is iOS 8.1.2. The other team is Pangu Chinese hackers, which released the jailbreak iOS 8.0-8.1.

i0n1c
German is a great hacker, but is not generally known for their sympathy. i0n1c want, as you can understand, make money by providing what he considered a service that many users took advantage of. That is why it has not released any public jailbreak for iOS 4, but usually show you have a jailbreak available long before other hackers. It is said that, somehow, Pangu Team trained to develop the jailbreak of iOS in August.

Hackers inactive
There are other hackers, but are not active at the moment. One is winocm, but was signed by Apple and, of course, will not release any jailbreak for the duration of his contract with the Cupertino company. Recent jailbreaks iOS 6 are yours. Another hacker standing about iOS is comex, who was responsible for making easier for users to date, that is to jailbreak from the Safari iPhone jailbreak: JailbreakMe. And I still have to name another great hacker, GeoHot, who was also responsible for the jailbreak for PS3 and your last contribution to the scene was to review the first jailbreak related to the Chinese to check their safety.

Explained all this, we will discuss the current status of the jailbreak.
One important thing to explain is that for a version of IOS can be installed, the device has to get a digital signature that accompanies the installation. When we go to install any version iPhone consultation with Apple's servers and download the new version of iOS with a software firm. Without this signature, we can not install a new version of IOS.
The Following User Says Thank You to gcceleghg For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.07031 seconds with 7 queries