View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 15:52   #44 (permalink)
zz_coder
Freak Poster

Member: 1639385
Sonork: 100.1594605
Thanks Meter: 212
Hello there,

Rooting procedures for HTC phones are a dime a dozen nowadays, even for android 6.x devices.

They change from devices to devices though, so I am just going to stick the one which I consider that the majority of time works, it is permanent, and in fact, it’s pretty simple. I guess it won’t take more than 3 minutes to anyone.
1- Unlock your bootloader. Hopefully, HTC is willing to provide us the unlock file (Welcome to HTCdev)
You can do it now on the SmartZPRO pretty simple, just clicking on READ UNLOCK TOCKEN and UNLOCK BOOTLOADER.

2- Flash a TWRP recovery. (https://twrp.me/devices/) They have done a pretty good work and the majority, if not all, HTC devices are supported.
You can also flash it, just clicking on the button FLASH RECOVERY on the new SmartZPRO.

3- Install SuperSU. You can even bet for a Systemless version if you just prefer keep your system partition untouched. At the time of this writing, this version (BETA-SuperSU-v2.64-20151220185127) works pretty decent even on M9 , A9 devices with Android 6.x
That’s it.
Hope this help all those worried about rooting. We’ll try to put it into one click fully automatic process but since it is very straightforward procedure we have given lower priority to this implementation, it will be, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faheem Anjum View Post
Phone must be rooted.

So post here ur offical method for rooting these phones

Last edited by zz_coder; 05-18-2016 at 17:55.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zz_coder For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked

Page generated in 0.07332 seconds with 7 queries