View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 05:52   #4865 (permalink)
drgn997
Insane Poster

Member: 224473
Thanks Meter: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroc-OS View Post
Not working even with qwerty keyboard, please not i have an admin password set not am not stuck with blocked device, maybe the master key is not working on admin password.

Please if there is any solution cause i wan't to install another OS and i cant change the boot order and i don't wanna open the device to go with my second option usb boot.

Best.
By Admin Password I understand that you are just locked out of Setup/BIOS, meaning that you are able to boot computer into Windows, if this is the case I've have had a few of similar cases, it's strange I know. What I usually do is that I go into Windows and install the Dell CCTK (Dell Client Configuration Tool Kit), this utility is used to SET a known System Password, so upon powering up the computer without pressing any key, it will show a screen similar to:

"This computer system: #1NKJYY1-1F66, is protected by a password authentication system..."

this is the best place where to use the master password, it will work on this screen!!, 99.9% sure.

Dell CCTK:
Dell Client Configuration Toolkit Application Driver Details | Dell US
Dell CCTK, Command Line Interface Guide:
http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/al...uide_en-us.pdf

Once Dell CCTK is installed, from an "elevated" command prompt, you must type:
C:\>cd/
C:\>cctk --syspwd=<new-password>

<new-password>= replace it with an easy password, something that you won't forget just in case master password does not work, like: 11111111 (same character repeated 8 times):

C:\>cctk --syspwd=11111111

Once you've set the System Password you'll reboot the computer, don't press any key so it goes to the System Password prompt... now use the master password that you have.

BR
drgn997

Page generated in 0.08341 seconds with 7 queries