View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 07:13   #9 (permalink)
bios2000

Member: 2727553
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco2017 View Post
I know you are saying the iphone had no indication of ever been worked on before, but there might be a broken connection somewhere. The restore is stopping in the encryption part of it. check flex cable to home button, look if short a burn cap.
It's a good hint, that it's the encryption part, where it stops. Thanks. I just talked to the seller. He told me, that he got an error message, when he tried to restore it (error 3194, something about the network connection). As it arrived here, it freezes now during restore.

The phone was send to me in a normal envelop, not good packaged. I can imagine, that the envelop with the phone was might dropped during delivery. There might be a cracked solder-joint somewhere. I have also tested all the caps for a short but there is none.

So I now re-flowed the baseband chip without any change. The other possibilities would be NAND and EEPROM, isn't it? But if the NAND connection would be bad, there wouldn't be a serial number displayed in iTunes/i would get some error message regarding NAND when I restore?

Page generated in 0.06478 seconds with 7 queries