Old 08-23-2017, 06:53   #50 (permalink)
cisco2017
Freak Poster

Member: 2691507
Thanks Meter: 100
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pApit0o0o0 View Post
Hello guys i have also 3x ipad air 2 lte and i have already this WIFI ic from aliexpress .... because of the IC is very thick ... what is the temp/time that u work on that because its not as easy as the other ICs .... i have a friend that works around 350c for 3 4 minutes and then its again hard to remove it because of the F**** black resin under ... give me tips of the TEMP/TIME before i start guys , thank you in advance , i like this thread , i am following
The temperature if fine for that IC but you need to work fast.
4 minutes is to long.

shield everything around the IC

Pre-heat the board for about 30 seconds 180% is fine, then increase heat to 350c (melting point of lead free solder)

You need a very fine spatula or you can use a pin like the ones that come in clothing (very fine)
Push the spatula or pin under one side only, but keep heat even and do that one by one until you raise the IC, you'll need at least 2-3 pins
If using spatula work just 1 mm on the edge free of components (no pads there) once in move it side to side (1 mm in) that helps separate on that side, then on one edge push spatula all the way in, take it out, go to the other side and do the same, at this point your IC might just pop up and if not then slide the spatula inserted all the way in from side to side (SLOW)

Something you need to pay attention is to push Horizontal (NOT IN AN ANGLE)

All that needs to be done under 2 minutes.

Remember is not the solder holding the IC is the Glue so you don't need to keep putting more heat on the board or you'll damage other components.

Last edited by cisco2017; 08-23-2017 at 07:02.

Page generated in 0.06256 seconds with 7 queries