View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 04:22   #1 (permalink)
specialkey93

Member: 2837660
Thanks Meter: 0
Problem with Straight Talk Iphone

I have been a Straight talk customer for several years and I only buy my phones upright, meaning no monthly payments, etc. Full amount at spot.

I previously used a Iphone 7 and when that broke down I bought a Iphone X from bestbuy (which they said were unlocked) and popped in the sim from iphone 7 and kept on using it.

I am traveling outside of the country and realized that my iphone X was locked so i called up Straighttalk to unlock the Iphone but they said that my Iphone X wasn't even registered onto their system and it shows that i'm still using my Iphone 7. Since I am not in the united states, i can't buy an activation kit and register my Iphone X and proceed to unlock it. Which is frankly quite absurd.

I heard about R-Sim couple weeks back and ordered one through a re-seller in South Korea.

However, ever since then I've been facing problems with getting my R-Sim to work.

With my R-Sim 12, i'm able to go to the menu where it says "edit ICCID" and tried several times with up to date ICCID's in that field.

I am no longer seeing the "SIM NOT SUPPORTED" page, however it goes to the "Activation Lock" page where I am prompted to enter my Apple ID and password.

I put in both details, and even tried with the "Unlock with Passcode" but it doesn't proceed from that page no matter how many times I attempt to proceed.

Kindly leave any tips on what I should do. It is very annoying to have to carry around two bulky phones.

Page generated in 0.10564 seconds with 7 queries