View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 17:10   #1 (permalink)
adrifromhh

Member: 2888040
Thanks Meter: 0
Cool General advice for getting into phone repair

Hello guys,
I am interested in getting into phone repair. I hope you can clarify some of my questions. Firstly, I might tell you a bit about me:

I've been involved with electronics for a long time now. I'm developing all kinds of electronics myself, am very used to reading schematics, soldering, PCB layout, electronic components. So I think the repair itself won't be the problem, after I gathered enough experience with all the problems and soulutions in the field of smartphones. I do have a lab with all the common tools, also a hot air soldering station. I would probably have to buy a microsope, an ultrasound cleaner and schematics, at least.

What I'm asking myself right now:

• I'm planning to buy broken phones to repair them and get experience, for a start.
  • Which brand should I start with?
  • In which ways can iPhones be locked, so that they're not fully usable after a repair? (What I found: Simlock, Touch ID, iCloud, FMI)
  • Which of these are a problem, or can be overcome? I would prefer selling fully working phones, that aren't locked in any way.
  • When talking about iPhones, which generation would you start with?
  • How do you source good quality replacement screens? (I'm afraid this question can't really be answered...)
  • How do these chinese sources for schematics work? I came across "Wu Xin Ji" for example. Does such a dongle make the software work for a year, or does it work for lifetime, but only not update after a certain time? That's very confusing to me and the Aliexpress desciptions don't help at all. Do all of the Dongles on Aliexpress work? Louis Rossmann uses Openboardview for example, which I would favor as I'm using Ubuntu Linux.

I hope someone will be so kind to give good advice I'm really used to do a lot of research on the internet, but I think it would be very usefull to get some clarification on these issues for a good start.

Best regards,
adrifromhh

Page generated in 0.14795 seconds with 7 queries