View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 22:18   #7 (permalink)
smp_comms
Insane Poster

Member: 17415
Thanks Meter: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stabbinbaz View Post
it depends, there isnt a reliable method but ive been working on it, i bought a solution from one guy, it had potential but didnt actually work as it seemed to need an unlocked bootloader, i emailed him and he said "downgrade and ill tell you how" failing to mention what to downgrade to or how to do it.

so i began researching and messing about, somehow between octoplus and DCunlocker i actually managed to get te device to PHONE unlocked in fastboot but as the oem unlock option still wasnt available i still couldnt use it.

so i worked on downgrading, i have attempted flashing via SD, in update mode, fastboot mode and tried the HStool method, initially it says the device isnt supported, you can add support by editing an xml file in appdata but then you simply get "recovery packages not available for this device" i havent yet found a way to flash it, even the correct C652 package wont flash via any method ive tried

after a while i decided to try a standard OTA update to the latest version from the 108D i was on in the hope it would allow the OEM unlock button to work but all it did was put the bootloader back to PHONE Locked

if youre not too bothered about a few remnants of the demo and can live with being stuck on whatever version the hw demo unit gets you can disable and uninstall the demo software fairly easily but it will come back on a factory reset and youll still have a banner in the notifications saying retail demo but otherwise its totally usable

if i make any further progress ill report back

to enable “OEM unlock” device needs to be connected to internet, also once you have an unlocked bootloader you can flash custom recovery and Rom via it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.13278 seconds with 7 queries