View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 13:03   #6 (permalink)
InfinitySupport
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Hi,

I see that last days there are some really bad situations with X70. So, I think it's time to give some more info.

In fact, situation with killed X70 is very strange for us.
It is because software was tested on many X70 with different firmware and different flash types.
But fast is fact (and I don't want to say that our software extremely perfect etc.): X70 can be killed during unlock. Really, I don't have any good explanation now why phones was killed, so I want to give some info to customers:
1. X70 unlock procedure is NOT SAFE because during unlock process it's need to re-write phone boot-core stored in flash chip. If during first unlock phase any errors take place, then phone can be dead.
Reason: at power-on X70 start from first flash sector. If this first sector damaged (even partially), then phone can't power-on and can't be flashed anymore, because internal flash routines stored in this first flash sector too.

2. Currently, we have no any good method to repair dead X70 (with erased/damaged boot core). Only one method can helps: desolder flash chip, program it with good X70 image with external flash programmer, solder flash chip back.

3. Yes, it can be (I just say "can", don't say "it's for sure") that our software has bugs and as a result - dead phones. But please, don't forget about some things:

X70 is not so new phone (just check firmware version and you will see software release date). So, during phone usage it can be some hidden phone defects (I don't want to say, that all dead phones is a result of hidden hardware defects, but who knows).

Also, pls, check this link:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=232630
"The second phone when we flash with Winmodo - during flashing stop to flash and now only phone light..."
This means, that in some cases even original panasonic software can't flash phone good and as a result - dead phone.

Also, pls, check this link. Post #1 and #6
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=237940
"problem solved on another pc"
Really, I can't understand how is PC changing gives different results, but fact is fact.

Please, always be sure that phone connector is clean and cable has good contact to phone connector. In some cases even small contact loss can bring very bad results.

Please, be sure that battery is completely charged. One mistake with battery charging and as a result - dead phone.

In addition: X70 unlock with AMD (10107E7E) flash chip is more safe than INTEL (89000D88) flash (I see this by user's posts, no killed AMD flashes, some killed INTEL flashes). I don't have any good explanation, just a miracle, but fact is fact.
So, the more good thing that I can make is to write big disclaimer about unlock
process like "use it on your own risk".
Of course, I undersand that it's not good words from my side, but really, there are some things that I can't understand and explain.

Finally: we are really trying to understand what's wrong with unlock process but until now:
We have only software that we have.
We have no good method to repair already killed X70 (only flash chip desoldering). If anybody has experience with direct flash chip programming, you are welcome for private discussion, we can give some advices (only advices, not flash programming by us).

Page generated in 0.10094 seconds with 7 queries