Old 07-29-2006, 04:57   #8 (permalink)
adisor19
Freak Poster

Member: 102577
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by docraj
All

I have tested Broadcomm versions 4 thru to 5.1.0.1700 on MS, Belkin, Logitech and CSR dongles.

I have also tested Toshiba V4.00.31 on all these.

Toshiba stack is by far the most stable on ALL of these dongles. My mouse and KB (Logitecg & MS) connect flawlessly everytime on computer start, my stereo bluetooth headset (Moto HT820) connects and the performance is superb. No static, drops or hisses. When I pause and resume, I always get the music. AVRCP profile works even after a pause of 30 mins.

I was having problems with V5xxxx of Broadcomm stack with my above devices.

My suggestion is to go for the Toshiba stack. There is a V4.00.36 available on:

http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/download.php

but it has copy protection for stereo Bluetooth devices (it will only pair to devices that conform to SCMS-T copy protection method). If a bright soul on this board is able to overcome that then this stack is stable and ideal for everyone's use.

As for V4.00.31 I have this, but in order to be useful you will have to modify the btwusb.inf equivalent file called tosrfusb.inf with yor devices VID and PID.

I am willing to upload V4.00.31 (32 bit only) to a common site; someone will have to tell me where and how.
Heh, it does seem to have the upper hand with this :

""Remote Camera" tool for Bluetooth Cameras with "RemCam"-profile
support, which is a (not mandatory) sub-profile of the BIP-profile."

Looks like this stack is the only one that supports that upcoming Wireless mobile camera from SonyEricsson. Wonder if Widcomm supports it as well but they haven't listed it yet..

Adi

Page generated in 0.09414 seconds with 6 queries