Old 08-16-2006, 22:06   #9 (permalink)
cprasad7
Insane Poster

Member: 317218
Thanks Meter: 7
SW Update is still at the Flashing menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro74 View Post
I successfully flashed my 6680 with this 2006 software but it was the version before the one posted here, i was having trouble running phoenix after i restarted the computer 'Dongle not found'. Anyway after installing the version posted in this thread it now works OK after a re-boot,but the problem is now i can't find 'SW update' in the menus at the top of the window in phoenix, it was in 'Flashing/SW Update' but now with this version there is no SW Update menu, which one do i select for updating the firmware on my phone?
Hope you understood that!
Thanks.

Hydro!
Yes, I understood your problem.Be happy, Solution is very simple.

Really I posted this thread to the users who are with good experience about the Flashing of Nokia bb5 phones with the phoenix service software.So, I did not explain about the flashing procedure.

However for your problem follow these instruction.

1- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.Select PC Suit on your phone if asked, Windows will start to install drivers for the phone.
2- After driver installation compleated, Open the Phoenix with your user detail
3- Go to File>Manage Connections
4- If USB is not listed there, Click Add and tick USB and click Next.
5- After found the USB connection click Apply
6- When USB appear in your connection list, Close the connection list window
7- Go to File>Scan Product on Phoenix.
8- It will show the details of your phone in the status bar of the Phoenix.
9- Now go to Flashing Menu.You will see the SW Update have activated for you

Very Very Important : Make sure there is a proper connection between phone and the PC all the time while you use the Phoenix and while flashing in progress.If you will lose the connection while flashing, your phone will become dead.

Do not forget to let others know your result.

Thanks

Page generated in 0.15415 seconds with 7 queries