View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 21:47   #1 (permalink)
DFlash77
Freak Poster

Member: 125606
Thanks Meter: 0
GOT works BUT MASSIVE ERROR! Please fix!!

Ok,

So referring to this thread: http:///vbb/showthread.php?t=377090

I had a phone that GOT would not power on.
I kept getting this message: FAILURE: Cannot power on handset

So this got me thinking. What is the problem? I figured that it must not be receiving the proper power. So...

Using the CST-75 charger, I plugged my cruiser cable into this and then into the phone while holding down the C button. This recognized the phone, but then everytime GOT said "Trying to power on phone" I would get the same message: FAILURE: Cannot power on handset

This got me thinking more, and I figured when GOT asks "Trying to power on phone" if I unplug the cable and remove the battery, then put the battery back, hold on to C, and plug the cable in, it should work with the CST-75 charger AND IT DID!!! BUT THIS MANUAL PROCEDURE IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO DO! There is not much time between "Trying to power on phone" and the FAILURE message. As well, if I tried without the CST-75 charger and just the cruiser cable, it would not work. For some reason it needs a little power to turn the phone on.

Could you guys please correct the problem to turn the phone automatically, or give more time before the FAILURE message when flashing the phone.

Thanks! I hope this information helps in improving the software!

Page generated in 0.07949 seconds with 7 queries