Please make sure that:
- Firewall on your computer (or your LAN) is configured properly or disabled
- You have reliable Internet connection
- LPT port settings are set to EPP in BIOS
- Your LPT cable works properly
- You have got a correct LPT port set in SmartMoto program, tab
- Smart-Clip. The best way to use Auto mode.
- You use a stable power supply with your clip (use power adapter)
- Your IE version is not lower than v5.0
- If you run update under WinXP, log in as Administrator or any other account with administrative rights
To run a new SmartMoto under WinXP also to update a Smart-Clip please
launch the SM-tool, open Smart-Clip bookmark & tick the option "Disable OS parallel port polling (requires reboot)".
After that restart you PC.
Also set LPT options in SmartMoto to compatibility.
Good luck! Best Regards