View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 23:16   #2893 (permalink)
rc-flitzer
No Life Poster

Member: 60520
Thanks Meter: 0
Hey Lalo!

You're right, there were many reasons for creating patches - and it was not for money, maybe a bottle of beer (I'd still get one from cyperghost for the one or the other patch).
Just at the moment I'm digging through the huge patch archive, looking here, improving there (for my personal phone configuration). That's because my phone behaves odd and I think it needs a reflash. So I'm creating my personal fubu with the most important pathces.
It costs time but I like my phone. Sometimes it seems as if it will last until GSM is completely replaced by UMTS.

Quote:
we loved to make something good for "others", for the whole world, free, and, finally, indeed we loved (and still love) our phones.
Well said!

So I revise my post: it's not because lack of money or because I want a payment. That was never an argument. I spent hundreds of hours since 2003 for patching stuff, and the appreciation of the community was enough reward.
But nowadays ... I really have less time - or other priorities. Personally I spend almost the whole year 2004 with this, more time than rational... but that's not the point. I'd like to do some programming for SL45, but not searching in Fubu. I always said, disassembling and reverse engineering is not what I'm really able to do. And almost all the good people like RizaPN are vanished. It's a pity, but understandable.
With many people not interested in Siemens phones and patching, there's is less motivation for inventing or writing patches. I'm idealistic, but spending hours and hours for just one person (excluding me) to be happy? Hmm... maybe. I have some time for the next weeks, so I could try.

Quote:
and probably it's not our time anymore to make new patches...
Not anymore ... unless someone gives us C source code of S(L)45 software.

Page generated in 0.07108 seconds with 7 queries