View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:44   #119 (permalink)
Mr. Cummings

Member: 625945
Thanks Meter: 0
Duuuh...I had it connected to a usb hub instead of directly to the onboard usb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cummings View Post
I have a quick question and I hope it has an easy solution.

I had 5.1.0.1100 patched and installed on two of the same exact laptops. I was able to use a CSR dongle perfectly fine on both laptops. The trial on one of the laptops expired so I went legit and bought a Broadcom 2045 based dongle from walmart. The software that came with the dongle is Widcomm 5.1.0.3300. I have installed the software on both laptops and the dongle works correctly on one laptop. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled repeatedly. The icon stays blue/white but I get "Your Bluetooth device could not start the search for devices" during the wizard's search for devices.

Is there something that was installed in the registry/software that didnt quite get removed on the laptop that isnt working? Or are there some files that I can copy from the "working laptop" to get the "non working" laptop working properly? Right now the only version I can get working on the "non working" laptop is 5.1.0.1100 in trial mode.

in short
I have 2 of the same laptop runing xp sp2. Same 5.1.0.3300 installed on both. The Broadcom dongle only works on one. Any suggestions?

Page generated in 0.06894 seconds with 7 queries