View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 19:28   #1 (permalink)
karwos
No Life Poster

Member: 117496
Sonork: 100.83919
Thanks Meter: 22,689
Thumbs up 1st in the world solution to repair unrepairable BB5 phones (SX4 failed)

Hello
After release SX4 auth in my software, many persons contacted me and reported that simply SX4 auth not work.
What is SX4 auth, read more please here:
http:///vbb/showthread.php?t=481581
This solution was tested and prooved to work in E50, 6300, N80, etc, and phone s was 100% repairable...
But theres avaiable on market some amount of BB5 phones which simply CANT BE AUTHORIZED even using ORIGNAL Phoenix SW and PK-1 dongle and SX-4 card!!! Auhtorization simply "fails", same with other SW (jaf: error receiving data from server step2, UB: Step1 error, My sw: Card failure) - i just received in my hands this way fuked 3250 (more: http:///vbb/showpo...4&postcount=29).

But, as always, Nokia leaved big security hole...
You can repair all this phones even WITHOUT using SX-4 authorization PROCESS!
How?
Simply.

Get UFS+HWK.
Use RdCert option, and in example of RM-38 this fille will be readen from phone:
Rm-38_357934000834936_2007-12-22185230_NPCCmt.bin
Make copy of this file.
Open file and fill it with same FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.... (0x184 bytes of 0xFF) write it back to phone. It will boot up BUT IMEI will be damaged. Dont worry.

NOW you can write FULL pm including RF and Energy Calibration settings! Phone will not even check the SX-4 auth status!!!

Same way you can repair downgraded phones, without even re-flashing it! Just erase NPC cert, patch the certificate using any SW, reboot phone, and that's it!

After writing PM just write back original NPC.
Tested with "unrepairable" even with Original NMP software 3250 - now phone works ok, no resets.

PS. as long as FlashBus is not yet implemented in my SW, all this steps you need do it yourself. In other way it would be just "one click" and your RF+EMC+DOWNGRADE could be repaired in 5 seconds

BR,
karwos
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to karwos For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked

Page generated in 0.08598 seconds with 7 queries