Thread: Clone detection
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 02:59   #10 (permalink)
fofodaman
Freak Poster

Member: 8804
Thanks Meter: 4
i used the word can not be detected, & i was wrong.
Sure it can be, if the 2 phones using the same IMEI & the same sim, log onto the network at the same time, it will take someone who is really "WATCHING" that particular SIM to realize that the serving cell is not the same, but if the IMEI of the phone is the same, it will be related by the network administrators to data link delays or else they would have to open up the cells map & trace that i know some network operators & the last thing on their heads is tracing a cloned sim, especially when they can not proove any wrong doing on the customer's end, if all of the above take place, & they know with no doubt that you are using a cloned sim, they still have no hard evidence, so they will make a call & tell you that "IF" you are using such a "thing" please stop OR "else".
Now on the other end, everyone knows that both phones can not send OR receive at the same time, UNLESS, & this did happen with me, a data link is delayed between the 2 different serving cells, i once was on a call from my carphone, & something happened that made me receive another call on my hand held,, ofcourse both phones have the same IMEI & are using the same sim (cloned) one is NOKIA & the other is a MOTOROLA, you can imagine the look in my eyes when my handheld rang, but after some thought, i realize it is an odd situation & i guess my handheld was logged into a different cell than my carphone & some delay took place.

So, back to the beggining, it can be detected, But can not be proved is that good enough ? just remember the basics :

"CLONED SIM!!!! what is that!!"
"if your computer is telling you so, i suggest you get a new one"
"i bet it is this darned phone i am using, will you replace it with a new one for free?"

OR, come up with your own, have fun.
& good luck.

Page generated in 0.06905 seconds with 7 queries