View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 09:26   #38 (permalink)
ferencmerenda

Member: 699260
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsboodoo View Post
Does anyone know how to unlock the Samsung A437 without using another carriers SIM card?
I'm not aware of another easy way (with software only).

I am, of course, assuming that the reason you're interested in this is because you can't borrow (or otherwise even temporarily access) someone else's SIM card.

If you're in the United States, a relatively inexpensive way of doing this is to purchase a Pay-As-You-Go type phone. BE SURE you get a GSM 'phone (CDMA 'phones don't have SIM cards, of course). This is usually listed on the outside package. Or, you can look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...hone_companies
I bought a TracFone (It was something pretty useless like a Motorola C139: I believe these things are NOT unlockable with a software solution & I'm not going to shell-out the money needed to buy hardware to do this. But it will make a nice toy for a young kid.).

SO, for $12 (sales tax might have increased the price a little) at Wal-Mart, I got a TracFone SIM card. And a Christmas toy for my young nephew! Guess what I used the SIM card for.

If you're a real tight-wad, ask the sales clerk if you can return the 'phone if you're unhappy with it: Open the package, use the SIM to unlock your a437, don't activate the TracFone, and return the thing to Wal-Mart. I think they allow 30 days, but be sure to check with the clerk. I think general merchandise can be returned in 90 days, but was shorter for electronics & 'phones.

OK, OK: I asked the clerk, too, and she said I COULD return the 'phone. I admit: I'm a tight-wad. But it was SO easy to do, after I unlocked the a437, I decided to activate the TracFone, & used the card 'till it was empty. Guess what: now I have a non-AT&T SIM card that I can use to unlock more a437s. And my nephew gets a cool Christmas toy!

Page generated in 0.08489 seconds with 7 queries