View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 12:08   #3 (permalink)
Mohsin-*
No Life Poster

Member: 417298
Sonork: 100.1578269
Thanks Meter: 18,268
Donate money to this user
Now the player is in a state where you can upload firmware so open the MP3 Upgrade Tool and you will be presented with this dialogue.

Note: If you have a backup of your firmware at this stage it is no good to you as it is not a complete firmware file and will give you an error message when you try to install it. You need to find a full version firmware. It may not have to be the same version as your original. My original was 3.5.35 and I used 3.5.37 to recover, you can download it here:

Code:
http://www.mympxplayer.org/dload.php?action=file&file_id=182

UPDATE 28/06/06 Here is another firmware that also worked for me, it is a 3.5.35 version and it restored my test player with one flash instead of two. It is also fully themed.DOWNLOADUpdated 06/07/06 "wolfport2001" has kindly uploaded a Full Version 3.2.16 HEREUpdated: 20/01/08 - You can search for a firmware that is compatible with your player from this site here: Search Downloads.Updated: 20/01/08 - You can also search for firmwares from the largest search engine of MP3/MP4 player firmwares: en.s1mp3.net.

Once installed your player should show signs of life and you will be able to see it in explorer. It still will not be usable but is ready for the final step.

Turn the player off and then back on. Wait about 30 seconds till it boots now open the MP3 Upgrade Tool again. If it indicates that there is no device connected see if you can access your player through Explorer. If you can not you may need to format it with Windows. I have found that both FAT and FAT32 work on newer models but suggest you use FAT to avoid any problems. Once formatted the MP3 Upgrade Tool should have no problems. Now you can upload your backup dump.bin. Your player should now reboot and be fully recovered.

If you do not have a backup dump.bin you are going to have to try the firmware you downloaded until you find one that restores your player. Be aware that doing this could kill your player again in which case you need to start from the beginning and do the whole process again.

As I said at the start, this is not foolproof and there are no guarantees that the firmware I have used will recover your player but now you know the process and it is only a matter of finding the correct firmware. I believe that unless the player or its components are damaged that every player can be revived.

If you have a backup dump.bin please upload it to the firmware section along with a description of your players size, screen size, what feature it has, even a picture if possible, what ever information might help someone else identify it and recover their player.

If you recover your player you owe me a beer.

End of Guide !
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to Mohsin-* For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked

Page generated in 0.07545 seconds with 7 queries