View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 00:42   #1 (permalink)
joe7dust

Member: 927976
Thanks Meter: 0
Motorola RAZR H3 Bluetooth Headset not working w/ my PC

I'm using Windows XP SP3, I have widcomm 5.1.0.1100, handsfree audio is listed, Audio Gateway seems to be working, etc. However, there is no useful sound coming from my headset and the mic isn't picking anything up either.

USB Dongle: Model #GBU221 (using IOGEAR driver from softpedia.com)

BT Headset: Motorola RAZR H3

One bizarre note: When first installing drivers/software I got a popup from Skype saying that ~BTH something service wanted to access skype and I said yes. When Skype runs no audio comes from the headset, but I hear a beep in the headset when a call ends, and I can push the call button to hangup. If I close down Skype, I hear a beep every 5 seconds until the computer is shut down, but when it reboots no sound comes from the headset at all. I have disabled Skype in startup to avoid conflicts till I get this working.

Other things I have tried leading up to this:

-using the automatically installed driver from Windows search for my dongle I was able to hear garbled noise when the headset was supposedly receiving audio, no mic activity

-BlueSoleil 2.1.3.0 VoIP, installation fails because it asks me to insert my bluetooth device during installation (undetected)

-a 6-page manual install for Widcomm 5.1.0.1100 that ends in the 4th of 4 files required to be patched in safemode being apparently write protected (wbtapi.dll)... I can only assume this is because the guide was written for SP2 and SP3 safemode has tightened up security on certain .dll files.

Page generated in 0.10431 seconds with 8 queries