What does Nokia Messaging do? [COLOR=#2B65B0 ! important]Nokia
[/COLOR] Messaging automatically delivers e-mail from your current e-mail address to your Nokia phone. You do not have to change your e-mail address.
Nokia Messaging enables you to do the following on your [COLOR=#2B65B0 ! important]mobile phone
- View, respond, forward, compose, and delete e-mails.
- Manage your e-mail inbox, outbox, drafts, and sent folders.
How much does it cost to use Nokia Messaging?
There is no charge for using Nokia Messaging.
You may also incur third-party charges in connection with the transfer and receipt of data to your mobile phone, such as the mobile data service cost charged by your wireless operator. Your wireless operator can provide you with cost information about their mobile data service plans.
How much does the Nokia Messaging cost when I am roaming?
Nokia Messaging is provided at no cost to you during the free trial. However, because third party data transfer costs may apply, e-mail delivery is suspended when you leave your network area to prevent unexpected charges. When you return to your network area, e-mail delivery is automatically resumed. Consult your wireless operator for more information about data transfer costs.
What do I need to get started?
You must have all of the following:
- An existing POP or IMAP e-mail account
- A wireless data service plan with your wireless operator
- A supported Nokia device
- Nokia Messaging software installed in your phone
What is POP and IMAP e-mail?
POP and IMAP are the most popular internet e-mail standards in use today.
- POP (Post Office Protocol) stores your e-mail on internet web servers. POP3 is a version of POP e-mail that [COLOR=#2B65B0 ! important]internet service[/COLOR] providers (ISPs) typically provide. POP3 e-mail users typically view e-mail from a PC.
- IMAP4 (Internet Messaging Access Protocol) retrieves e-mail from an internet server similar to POP. However, IMAP downloads only the message topic until the user acts to open the e-mail on their PC.
How do I set up Nokia Messaging on my mobile phone?
Click the Sign Up button on this website.
- Identify your supported Nokia mobile phone model.
- Enter your existing POP or IMAP e-mail address and password.
- Enter your mobile phone number.
Why do I have to give you my mobile number?
During setup, Nokia Messaging sends an SMS (short message service) to your mobile phone with a link to the Nokia Messaging client application software. This link guides you through the installation of Nokia Messaging software on your phone.
Your phone number is required to send this SMS to your phone.
Why do I have to give you my e-mail password?
Nokia Messaging automatically fetches your e-mail messages from your POP or IMAP e-mail account as new e-mail arrives.
To access your e-mails, Nokia Messaging needs your user name and password.
What if I am already receiving e-mail on my device?
Nokia Messaging can run on your phone alongside most other e-mail solutions without any problems.
However, if you are currently using Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite, this must be uninstalled before using Nokia Messaging.
You can uninstall Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite using the following steps:
- Select the menu button on your Nokia phone to access the Tools folder.
- Select the App. Mgr. folder within the Tools folder.
- Highlight any Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite entry (or entries), and select "Remove" from the options soft key.
- Nokia Messaging can now be installed from the SMS.
Using Nokia Messaging with your mobile device's browser
Can anyone intercept and read my e-mail as it travels over the wireless network?
Your e-mail is encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) as it travels over the wireless network to prevent unauthorized access.
Can I receive calls on my phone when I am receiving e-mail?
Yes. Incoming phone calls will always take top priority.
How do I install Nokia Messaging on another phone?
To request another SMS message with the link to the Nokia Email software, log in to your account. Then click Reinstall Nokia Email, select a mobile phone, and enter its phone number. A new message is sent to the phone number you entered.
How do I change the e-mail address I use with Nokia Messaging?
To change the e-mail address you are currently using with Nokia Messaging, you can remove the current address and add a new one.
To remove the current address, log in to your account. Under My Email Address, click Remove. On the next page, click Remove again.
To add the new address, click Set Up an Email Address under My Email Address. On the page that appears, enter the new e-mail address and the password for it. Then click Next.
How do I change the password to my Nokia Messaging account?
To change the password to your Nokia Messaging account, log in to your account. Under My Nokia Email Account, click Change Nokia Email Password. Enter your old password and your new password, then click Save Password.
How do I update the password for the e-mail address I use with Nokia Messaging?
If you change the password to your e-mail address with your internet service provider, you need to update it in the e-mail address settings for your Nokia Messaging account so that you continue to receive e-mail. Log in to your account. Under My Email Address and click Edit Settings. Enter the new password, then click Save Changes.
How do I stop receiving e-mail on my mobile phone?
One way to stop receiving e-mail is to remove the e-mail address from your account. Log in to your account. Under My Email Address, click Remove. On the next page, click Remove again.
You can also stop receiving e-mail on your phone by canceling your trial subscription. However, once you cancel, you cannot sign up for another free trial. To cancel your trial, log in to your account. Under My Subscription, click Cancel.
I have not received the SMS message yet. What do I do?
If you cannot receive the SMS message with the link to the Nokia Messaging software, you can download it directly to your device.
- Make sure your device is on the supported device list, you may find the supported device list on the first screen after selecting Sign up on email.nokia.com.
- Go to http://email.nokia.com on your Nokia device.
- You will be directed to the mobile version of email.nokia.com.
- Follow the instructions to download Nokia Messaging.
My phone displays an error message about not being able to connect to the internet. What do I do?
Your mobile phone is trying to connect to the internet using an incorrect access point. An access point is a setting your phone uses to connect to the internet. If necessary, you can download new access points from the Settings (in the Tools folder) on your phone.
I get an error message when I try to get my e-mail on my mobile phone in another country. What does this mean?
Nokia Messaging requires internet connectivity. Most often this error is due to the fact that your wireless operator does not have wireless data service roaming agreements with wireless operators in that country.
Why don't e-mail messages I have read or deleted on my mobile phone show up as read or deleted when I open my e-mail on my PC?
The POP e-mail protocol used by your e-mail service provider does not support the sending of any read, unread or deleted status information from your mobile phone back to the POP e-mail server. E-mail actions you take on your phone will not appear on your PC.
I am not getting e-mail on my phone any more. What do I do?
If your account is active and you are not receiving e-mail on your phone, check the following circumstances:
Download Here For Your Mobile
- If you have changed the password to your e-mail address through your internet service provider, you must update the Nokia Messaging settings for this e-mail address with your new password. E-mail messages will then be delivered to your phone. To update your e-mail address password, log in to your account. Under My Email Address, click Edit Settings. Enter the new password, then click Save Changes.
- When you roam - that is, when you take your phone outside your local network area - e-mail delivery is suspended to prevent costly service charges from your service provider. When you return to your network area, you will receive e-mail again. If you know you are within your network area and you are not receiving e-mail, check that synchronization is active on your mobile phone in Settings > When to Sync.
- The server for your e-mail address is down. For more information, contact your internet service provider.
- You may have inadvertently changed a setting in your Nokia Messaging account. Log in to your account to determine whether your information needs to be updated.