View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 04:59   #4 (permalink)
issy2

Member: 1176000
Thanks Meter: 2
Smile Loci & lai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFTCD View Post
I have read several papers on the topic about the "LOCI" and "LAI" information stored in the SIM.

From wikipeadia, I learnt:-
  1. If a phone were to change to a new Location Area, it stores the new LAI in the SIM card, adding to a list of all the previous LAIs it has been in.
  2. The SIM stores network state information, which is received from the Location Area Identity (LAI). Operator networks are divided into Location Areas, each having a unique LAI number. When the device changes locations, it stores the new LAI to the SIM and sends it back to the operator network with its new location. If the device is power cycled, it will take data off the SIM, and search for the previous LAI. This saves time by avoiding having to search the whole list of frequencies that the telephone normally would.
  3. The LOCI contains the temporary mobile subscriber identity, TMSI time, location area identifier (LAI) and location update status. This information is updated as the phone moves to new locations.
Sorry for a little bit long reference here, but i would like to know if it true ? I have a forensic program for mobile phone (.XRY) but it fails to tell me the information above.

Any brother and sister have idea on it ?

Hey nice work doing a study on this topic, it will help when we do sim cloning, because one of our aim is to not to let the operator know were we are when we are using 2 sims at different locations. When the distance between both the sims is say around 300km.. when we switch n use the sim, the operator might get a doubt, cos one cannot travel to 300km in 10 or 20min.
The Following User Says Thank You to issy2 For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.07769 seconds with 7 queries