View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 19:42   #1 (permalink)
Protech1

Member: 1186258
Thanks Meter: 0
Unhappy Help with KA08 Mini G580 MT6225

I bought this phone about 6 months ago...I love it but I'm frustrated with finding any information on software for the unit. There's been so much confusion on the net over the model or name of the unit so its been difficult to stay on the right track.

I noticed there seems to be two different versions of it, One with Java support and one with out. I obviously have the one with out. I want to know if I could upgrade the firmware to th Java version, and if so where can I get everything needed to do that.
It wasn't until I connected it to my PC via the Com port option that I learned it was recognized as an MT6225.

When I tried the dial code *#8375# I got the following...

Version: SW: ZZT.G580PII.5.6_MB01
IMEI: 358632011837513
IMEISV:78

This is why I think some people call it G580....
I tried using the Nokia PC Software update and PC Suite but it doesn't recognize the unit is connected. I think it is suppose to be simular to the Nokia 5800, only it has 1 button instead of three on front.

It's suppose to also play nes rom and stuff but there is no games folder to put them in, and I can't find any options to install or run java apps or roms.

I really want the Java version, but it wasn't until after I just bought another one of these for my girlfriend that I learned the difference between the two...like Non-Java only has the two screens with 9 icons on the first and No snap in stylus, etc.

I've installed the modem driver for MT6227 which seems to work fine...

Any information of where to find firmware upgrades or converting to Java vesion would be very much appreciated. PLEASE!!!

Page generated in 0.08354 seconds with 7 queries