View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:51   #1 (permalink)
subtotal

Member: 1226327
Thanks Meter: 0
Just bought a chinese MTK based phone and i need some advise (new at this)

Hi

I've just bought a chinese touchscreen phone (appears to be based on the MTK 6235 chipset) and i'm lloking for some advise on how to tweak some settings.

THIS is the model of phone i've bought, if that helps.

Anyway, what i would like to do is this:

1. Replace the music player, the built in one doesn't have any sort of category view and doesn't read the mp3/id3 tags on the file (just displays the file name). I've tried a few programs, but he ones i've found either dont have touch screen support or don't seem to be compatible. (Reccomendations appreciated)

2. This one is a bit harder, i'd like to get into the built in OS settings as the phone will let me select an mp3 as a ringtone but for the sms tone i'm limited to the built in message tones.

3. Probably a long shot but i'd like to be able to use a double click to open in the file browser rather than the single click to open, I've managed to find a sort-of workaround for selecting a file without opening by selecting and scrolling but it's getting old fast.

As far as accessing the phone goes there was no software included but my pc is picking up the memory card

In addition to this I would appreciate if someone could direct me to a site where i can get some games (hey this phone is a time killer) and a good ebook reader (the included one only seems to do plain text).

As I said, I'm pretty new with the whole hacking phones thing (etc), but i'm eager to learn and I have a solid background in electronics as a (semi) reformed overclocker

Page generated in 0.11637 seconds with 7 queries