Thread: S56 Help
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 19:27   #1 (permalink)
paul34

Member: 46340
Thanks Meter: 0
S56 Help

I have a S56 with Cingular GSM in the States. I need some specific answer to help me out w/ it:

1) Will programs like Freia unlock the S56 is the S55 is chosen? (I KNOW there are other posts on this subject, but the only replies are "you gotta read up" and when searching for other posts in this forum the replies to them are "tell me what you find out" and never anything definitive) What are some good progs for unlocking S56? Also, can I "relock" it by reloading the map file? This would be useful if, say, I needed warranty exchange w/ Cingular and obviously I don't want them finding out I messed with my firmware thus techinically voiding the warranty.

1a) What's a "testpoint"? Is it possible to simply unlock using the programs and not having the mess w/ the hardware?

2) I was wondering how to get the dev menu? I've tried the program available at http://www.lcard.ru/~gorinov/xsiemens.html
and calculation the code from my IMEI (but it says IMSI, not IMEI... whats the diff, and how to get IMSI, since I don't have irda or data cable abilities?) and put it in entry 250 of my SIM card, since that's the last according to the phone, but I never get the dev menu to work (menu>press '#', nothing happens). Hlep please? (I entered my IMEI into the program by using the command-line version of the program, available by dling the source code at the above link)

3) Is it true that you can't use a data cable (non-OEM) with a S56? I heard something about US providers crippling these phones so that you can't do that?

tks

Last edited by paul34; 12-13-2003 at 20:03.

Page generated in 0.06948 seconds with 7 queries