View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 04:19   #2 (permalink)
astrotech

Member: 1460584
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi All,

I have the same phone too, generally like what VencaVenca says, it's a good phone given on that price - Wifi, BT, DVB-T + analogue, dual sim - great! This is my second "China Phone" already and this one is definitely better then my old one.

Pros:
- Sound quality (MP3 + Voice) is pretty good (only when using with headphones)
- Java platform is quite stable - with MSN and FB etc
- Writing recognition is good and smooth - tested in writing Chinese and English
- Battery life is still pretty good even when Wifi is on
- Screen size is big even the resolution isn't that good
- Stable and smooth when playing video files - MP4
- Reception is pretty good for Analogue TV - even indoors,
- it's pretty good too for DVB-T - only when you are outdoor
- Able to record TV
- Dual Sim works fine
- Bejweled (a tetris-like game) built-in!

Cons:
But I also have found some problems that I am not sure whether it is the problem of my phone or it just happened to all owners:

<Radio>
- Not working properly - always starts with no signal until I do an auto search for the channel that I want - it makes the channel list useless as it cannot switch to the channel without an auto search

<TV>
- I need to plug in the headphone after the TV is started to make it work, otherwise, speakers won't be muted
- Bluetooth won't work with TV
- It comes with an SD tuner (i.e. no HD channels), but it will not skip HD channels, so screen will be frozen if I tune into a HD channel, then I need to reset the phone. (Analogue TV works fine)
- cannot remove channel from channel list

<Others>
- YouTube / streaming media is not working
- Cannot listen to radio / MP3 when java is running, and NO, java on this phone won't work with BT
- No wallpaper on "desktop" (main screen), only displays when screen is locked
- Bluetooth connection not stable if the handsfree is more than 1m away from the phone (even worse when Wifi is on)
- As with other "China Phones", ring tones are too loud

Can anyone confirm with me are those the problems that you are having too?

There are so many features that I have not tested yet, for examples built-in voice mail, adding background noise to a call, blocking calls etc. I might need to do another post here soon

Cheers.

Page generated in 0.07754 seconds with 8 queries