View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 20:16   #7 (permalink)
iceburnmarko
Freak Poster

Member: 773305
Thanks Meter: 14
Had this problem and it is simple to solve. (I had to do it with the iphone that would not receive telephone calls that I posted earlier.)

First you use redsnow to put the iphone into PWN Mode.
U can use Itunes to restore the iphone with custom firmware. The one I used the iphone is not activated. Not a problem.

U use redsnow again and this time you use 4.2.1 firmware (I had to cause the iphone did not have SHSH blog saved for any older firmware.), but not custom, official firmware.

Install cydia, no need to install baseband update cause it already been done with the custom firmware.

Once the phone is jailbroken the iphone will boot but will be struck with the apple logo.

Turn iphone off (hold power button and home button at the same time) with it plug in the computer.

Using redsnow and choose the same firmware as before ticked Tetered boot mode. Follow instructions.

It will now load the iphone, and it will be activated.

Turn on wifi, Goto Cydia, choose user, let it download all the updates, choose complete update.

Phone will reboot

Will need to do a tetered mode boot again using redsnow.

Goto Cydia once phone restart, choose to install ultrasnow.

Will need to do a tetered mode boot again using redsnow

Goto cydia once phone restart, choose to run ultrasnow.

Will need to do a tetered mode boot again using redsnow

Phone is now unlocked, activated recieve/mak calls on 4.2.1 6.15 Baseband using the customfirmware initally.

One thing to warn if you ever turn the phone off / restart it, the phone will need to be tetered boot using redsnow. Maybe in the future it will get fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to iceburnmarko For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.07927 seconds with 8 queries