View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 06:00   #6 (permalink)
orao626

Member: 1473351
Thanks Meter: 0
Smile thanks

Hi i just tried this on my iphone 3G and it worked for me . I have spent hour to try figure it out and nothing helped but this works. There is possibility to get down from 4.2.1 and 6.15 baseband.
thank you again, this was really helpful for me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoyote74 View Post
Hi all,

I was using a JB and unlocked 4.2.1 iOS on my iPhone 3G with 6.15 baseband and the battery was draining very fast and getting hot. After spending days trying so many options (including the de-activation by readsn0w and installing SAM module, which didn't work for me), I finally managed to find the final fix:

1) Downgrade to IOS 4.0.1 or 4.0 using iTunes. It's REALLY necessary because the source of the problem (certificate verification in data connections, which keeps failing and consuming CPU on jailbroken phones) isn't present in versions prior do 4.1.
2) You'll receive the famous iTunes 1015 error at the end of the process. Now it's just to close iTunes and use Tinyumbrella, run it, click on your the iphone icon and then on "Exit Recovery" button - the process on the iPhone will continue normally until the end.
3) Now you've a stock 4.0 or 4.0.1 iPhone. It's just to jailbreak and unlock it using redsn0w (tip: if you choose to restore to 4.0.1, when choosing the ipsw file in redsn0w it will only work for the 4.0 version, don't kwow why).
4) And that's it... it's just to install ultrasn0w to unlock and enjoy again your full-batery life jailbroken iPhone 3G or 3GS!

I'll appreciate any feedback if worked for you guys!

Regards.

Page generated in 0.12028 seconds with 7 queries