View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 04:19   #2 (permalink)
albertr

Member: 61295
Thanks Meter: 0
Many use Data Exchange Software (DES) that works on Windoze emulating a virtual filesystem of Simens phones. It allows to read/write any files from/to phone. Unfortunately, it seems that newer NorthAmerican phones like S56/C56 don't work with DES. I was able to get my C56 to work by writing a copy of block 71 from C55, the same could (or could not) work for S55->S56 block 71. I didn't try it yet for S56. If you do, please report if it works. And don't forget to make a backup before trying to play with phone's EEPROM.

The other ways of exchanging files between S56 and computer are IRDA and bluetooth. My S56 didn't have FTP bluetooth profile, so that was not useful, but IRDA worked fine. In case you have IRDA port in your computer, you can give it a try.

While we are talking about S56, I'm looking for a copy of eeprom or full flash for S56, since mine has died recently, and I need to resurrect it. Would you be so kind to extract a copy from your phone if I can give you exact instructions how to do it? Please let me know if so...
-albertr

Last edited by albertr; 04-14-2004 at 05:46.

Page generated in 0.07833 seconds with 7 queries