View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 18:11   #8 (permalink)
69_9000
Major Poster

Member: 742060
Thanks Meter: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by elseWestcott View Post
  1. Locate the sfi file you wish to use. This will already be on your computer at "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.0.64_P2.2.0.37\GPRS\rim8100g.sfi" if your device is an 8100 running software version 4.2.0.64, platform version 2.2.0.37 and if you have installed that version of device software to your computer. To find out what if any device software versions you have installed, look in the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files. If you see a folder that matches your BlackBerry model and software version then open that folder and inside you will see some files and two folders. The cod files (which you don't need to worry about) are in the Java folder and your sfi file is inside the other folder which is probably named CDMA, GPRS, UMTS, or IDEN. If you didn't find your sfi file then you can locate, download, and install your device software. Possibly the easiest way to find this is by typing your model number into a google search along with site:blackberry.com/Downloads. At least one of the search results should take you to a download page that has the version of software that is on your phone. Once you install it to your computer, repeat step number 1 to find your sfi file.
  2. Create a folder to hold your sfi file and the loader.bat file. Create this folder anywhere you like...on the Desktop, My Documents, c:\BlackBerryStuff, or wherever.
  3. Copy your sfi file into the folder. You can have one or many sfi files and loader batch files in this folder. Even if you only have one sfi file and one loader file, I recommend renaming your sfi file to the name of the folder inside c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\. For example, after copying my rim8100g.sfi file to my loader folder I would rename it to 8100-v4.2.0.64_P2.2.0.37.sfi. Copy the name of your renamed sfi file to the clipboard for use in the next step.
  4. Create the loader batch file. Open notepad or your favorite text editor with an empty document. Type making sure there is a space after load. Paste the sfi file name after the space after the word "load". For my example, the document would contain the text Now we need to save the file in the loader folder. I recommend naming it by typing load_ and then pasting the sfi file name (which should still be in the clipboard) making sure to change the extension from .sfi to .bat. For my example, the loader batch file is named load_8100-v4.2.0.64_P2.2.0.37.bat. When saving from notepad, make sure to change the "Save as type" from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files". This will make sure your batch file doesn't end up named something like load_8100-v4.2.0.64_P2.2.0.37.bat.txt
  5. Finally, you need to copy cfp.exe into the loader folder. Searching google for cfp.exe hahanew.exe should give you a place to download cfp.exe or at least a torrent link for it.

you describe the old version to new versions such as os 6 like where do I make
The Following User Says Thank You to 69_9000 For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.08257 seconds with 7 queries