Please make sure that:
* Firewall on your computer (or your LAN) is configured properly or disabled;
* You have reliable Internet connection;
* If you are using a Smart Adaptor select USB connection method or LPT port for LPT cable;
* LPT port settings are set to EPP in BIOS;
* Your LPT cable works properly;
* You have got a correct LPT port set in SmartMoto program, tab Smart-Clip. The best way to use Auto mode;
* You use a stable power supply with your clip (use 12V, 750mA or 10V 1A power adapter);
* Your IE version is not lower than v5.0;
* If you run update under WinXP, log in as Administrator or any other account with administrative rights.
To run a new SmartMoto under WinXP also to update a Smart-Clip please
launch the SmartMoto, open Smart-Clip bookmark & tick the option "Disable OS parallel port polling (requires reboot)".
After that restart your PC.
Also set LPT options in SmartMoto to compatibility.
Good luck! Best Regards