View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 23:22   #23 (permalink)
PeakCelln
Insane Poster

Member: 271255
Thanks Meter: 9
Ok, Been in the biz for 19 years. I have a customer who was pushed in a pool with his 4s. The phone had no power when it ws brought in. I Stripped it down to Mobo, cleaned all the flex clips and nothing. Then scrubbed down the board with my solvent(Amonia based), then let it soak a few hours, scrubbed again, then dried over night in Mobo drier.

This morning it got on the Apple logo showing for about 7 seconds then off for 7 then on again. Tested everything else on phone with another board and it all worked, so its gotta be the Mobo.

When I tried to reset in recovery mode it errored out with 21. Then I tried DMU and again, after a while, it errored out again. For whatever reason, Itunes on my PC wont allow me to update, but I figure its probably the Mobo. I guess I could do the whole uninstall and reinstall Itunes, but it did get to apple and load the FW, so I thought the connection was there.

The shematic you show is for a 4g, do you have the exact place on a 4s when error 21 won't let you restore the phone? BTW..Nothing happens when power button is pressed. Thanx in advance...and the future

Page generated in 0.07080 seconds with 7 queries