View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:34   #24 (permalink)
Wites OM Tesla
No Life Poster

Member: 1017374
Thanks Meter: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakCelln View Post
Ok, Been in the biz for 19 years. I have a customer who was pushed in a pool with his 4s. The phone had no power when it ws brought in. I Stripped it down to Mobo, cleaned all the flex clips and nothing. Then scrubbed down the board with my solvent(Amonia based), then let it soak a few hours, scrubbed again, then dried over night in Mobo drier.

This morning it got on the Apple logo showing for about 7 seconds then off for 7 then on again. Tested everything else on phone with another board and it all worked, so its gotta be the Mobo.

When I tried to reset in recovery mode it errored out with 21. Then I tried DMU and again, after a while, it errored out again. For whatever reason, Itunes on my PC wont allow me to update, but I figure its probably the Mobo. I guess I could do the whole uninstall and reinstall Itunes, but it did get to apple and load the FW, so I thought the connection was there.

The shematic you show is for a 4g, do you have the exact place on a 4s when error 21 won't let you restore the phone? BTW..Nothing happens when power button is pressed. Thanx in advance...and the future
You think clean is first what i do if phone is water damaged?Don't buy phones thinking that a clean will fix corroded components then you can't fix and sell in worser condition,you want that someone show exact location of problem that will not happen because not all phones have same problem if you are technician then open schematic and find problem on your own in this way you could find all problems easy only by looking on board with microscope and testing with multimeter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wites OM Tesla For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.07201 seconds with 7 queries