View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 18:15   #25 (permalink)
PeakCelln
Insane Poster

Member: 271255
Thanks Meter: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wites View Post
You think clean is first what i do if phone is water damaged?Don't buy phones thinking that a clean will fix corroded components then you can't fix and sell in worser condition,you want that someone show exact location of problem that will not happen because not all phones have same problem if you are technician then open schematic and find problem on your own in this way you could find all problems easy only by looking on board with microscope and testing with multimeter.
Ok, I understand there may be a language barrier here so I'll walk softly. I am not a factory trained technician. I do not know the components on a Mobo. I have been opening and fixing phones for over 19 years. I started as a normal cell phone store, quickly became the largest for AT&T in my state, then tailed off as the SP's went in a different direction and basically forced out all the "old School" Guys that built their industry. I fell back onto my Cellular Repair skills and now do soley that along with refurbishing phones for the big 4 SP's.

I have saved hundreds(Maybe even over 1000) liquid damaged phones over the years by stripping the phone down carefully, cleaning all the components, letting then dry, and reassembling. I usually try to follow the burn marks trail through the MoBo and flexes and lightly clean them with a soft toothbrush and my solvent. I have about a 75% overall succes rate at saving a liquid damaged phone utilizing this method.

I do not know where you got I bought this particular iPhone 4s from; it was a customer that brought it in as I stated in my OP. Since I got the lcd, digitizer, and everything else to work in the phone, Except the Mobo, I figured maybe I could utilize your solution mentioned above for a similar phone because I was getting the error 21 when trying to reload the FW.

I do not know how to test the components with a multimeter, but would love to learn. I just wanted to know if there was something I could do to help get this phone back up and running and was willing to try something new.

I can see by alot of your posts you have added invaluable information on this forum. But I also see a few posts that come accross snide and patronistic. This makes no sense to me when your posting in, and a big part of, an informational forum; peeps come here to learn and trade ideas.

I would think the overwhelming majority of readers on this form, do not have a multimeter, know how to use it, or know how to read a schematic, but that's why were here, and thats why this forum exists.

Once again, I thank you for the information you give; but is there anything you can suggest I do for my problem.

Page generated in 0.06373 seconds with 7 queries