View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 23:52   #27 (permalink)
PeakCelln
Insane Poster

Member: 271255
Thanks Meter: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3xbox View Post
my friend i can tell you water damage iphone almost NEVER works 100percent with just a simple "cleaning" you have to have knowledge of circuits, active/passive components , memorize schematics and still need a little luck; there is not one elemental "single" circuitor component to trigger error 21- there are several dozens paths of circuitry that will give error 21 or 16xx but you can start by looking at all the caps around U52 and U1 but if there is short or disconituity you must readyto reball- and did you know there are several layers of PCB in iphone if short or break is within the board you are screwed-listen you say you have experience but you dont sound like it , you should not be asking naive question to Wites it get him angry lol
I have saved, MINIMUM, 5o+ iPhones that had liquid damage utilizing this exact method; maybe youre not as experienced in this method as YOU think. My guess is the corrosion that I cleaned was blocking, shorting, or bridging something on the board or thru one of the flexes. Regardless, they did not work when the customer brought them in, and they did work when I finished. Unless I have some weird devine intervention happening in my store at night and should change my store name to "*** Cell Repair", they were repaired by me.

I told you I have a lot of experience in taking apart the phones, replacing parts, and cleaning Mobo's from liquid damage. I also told you I did not know the components on a MoBo, or how to read the schematic.

Why is it some of you feel the need to belittle despite being told by the ones youre belittling, they are novices. I havent been on this site in quite awhile, but hope this is not the direction it has turned. Hopefully it's just a few on this particular section.

The guy you don't want me to piss off said in a previous post, the fix for a error 21 and 16xx on a 4s was to remove some "Cap" on a certain part of the board. He referred to a pic that was a 4g or CDMA Board, not a 4s. I just wanted constructive clarrification; that's all.

Page generated in 0.07267 seconds with 7 queries