View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 22:51   #1 (permalink)
JREDZ8

Member: 1793184
Thanks Meter: 0
att iphone blacklisted and my account suspended

Ok so today i bought an att iphone 4 on craigslist, when i met up with the person i checkit out made sure everything was functioning properly, i took out my att sim from the phone i currently had and insert it in the iphone i was going to buy to make a test call, so i made a call with it using my sim and it worked perfectly so i paid the guy and left were we met.

I then took out the sim from from the iphone and insert it into my current phone, thats when i noticed i got no service, i then reinsert it into the iphone and no service, i got home and insert it into a different att phone i had and no service.

I called att and my account was suspended becuase i used a phone that had reported as lost or stolen.

So now i need to make my money, im not one to scam people, so i called a guy on craigs that said he would but iphones that he didnt care wethere they were reported lost or stolen, that he can give me $150..

Ive factory unlocked clean phones and never tried on a black listed one. I hear that some do get unlocked and some dont, this was the first att iphone i had seen blacklisted.

One of my main questions on black listing is..... Lets say i end up buying another iphone on craigs its clean and i get it factory unlocked and now works on my tmobile network, if the previous owner decides they want to report it lost 2 or 3 weeks later cuz they want to claim it under the insurance to get a new phone, will i end up loosing my unlocked service with tmobile, or will it still work since i had it factory unlocked before it was boack listed.

I ask this becuase the person i called that would still buy my blacklisted iphone told me that alot of people on craigs are starting to do this, they sell u a working phone and a week or 2 later they reported lost.

Page generated in 0.08403 seconds with 7 queries