View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 15:22   #1454 (permalink)
mikebounds

Member: 1841671
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebounds View Post
I need to reflash my Tocco icon S5260 Star II - it currently has firmware (according to Samsung Kies) S5260MSKB1/5260XEUKB2. I have seen flashfiles at SAMSUNG Flash Files ( S ) Series, but none of these match the firmware I have, so I am not sure if I can use one of these (and if so which one I should choose) or if I need another one. I live in the UK and my current phone was bought unlocked.
I want to flash as it cannot automatically find a signal, but it can find a signal if I select manual network connection which suggests problem is the software,
Thanks
Mike
I have partially resolved issue using How to work out Samsung firmware versions | Doms Yard which shows what the firmware names mean, so I tried a UK one and now I get a signal, but when I try to make a call it says "No service". The guy I bought phone it off thought it was locked, but when I put my TalkMoblie Sim (which was a different operator to was he said it was locked to), it worked (for 6 months) so I assumed it was unlocked. Before flashing, I first tried a reset using "*2767*3855#" and this asked for my network and gave me 2 to 3 options of Vodafone pay-as-you-go which I selected and I think another option was Vodafone Contract, but I guess as TalkMobile is a virtual network using Vodafone, this is why this worked and my phone is probably locked to Vodafone. So my phone worked for 6 months with the TalkMobile SIM and then I got my issue of the phone couldn't find a signal. So not sure now whether I need to install a vodafone firmware and this is why the current UK firmware does not work. I tried Vodafone firmware "S5260BUKB1", but it kept locking up so I put UK version back on. The original version was S5260MSKB1, but I don't know what "MS" means and I can't find this firmware version to reload.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Mike

Page generated in 0.09068 seconds with 7 queries