View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 15:15   #4 (permalink)
enatse

Member: 1841992
Thanks Meter: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortizvr4 View Post
Which is the most recomended flux to use on board and what is his function, sorry if this is a stupid question but I want to learn soldering well, because I tend to burn things out.
I think available fluxes differ from country to coutry .. And I'd like to know too .. What i do however know is that you want non-conductive and non-corrosive flux, since corrosive flux will attacks PCB's, essentially melting them, which can cause great damage, and conductive flux might cause short's.

I've seen people recommend doing their own flux, though the recipe escapes me at the moment .. Anyway, I'd recommend a fluxpen, i'm sure those could be found anywhere ..

Linking a video that might help:
EEVblog #180 - Soldering Tutorial Part 1 - Tools - YouTube This one related to soldering in general, where he talks of what tools to use, what paste's and so on and so forth.

EEVblog #186 - Soldering Tutorial Part 3 - Surface Mount - YouTube Same guy (Dave) discusses
using and soldering SMD's (Surface mounted Devices) which is VERY relevant in working wihth any iDevice.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enatse For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked

Page generated in 0.07223 seconds with 7 queries