View Single Post
Old 04-17-2001, 01:03   #14 (permalink)
Bph&co
No Life Poster

Member: 1024
Thanks Meter: 5,510
Hi Charly,

If you played with WinTesla you'll see that you have a IMEI change function, but reading the help tells you that to do it, you need to read the phone and make a .log file. This file contains some phone data - production code, imei, MsID, and stuff like Dongle serial no.
So you have to mail this file to SALO (Department in Nokia) and give them a good reason why you want to change the IMEI.
They send you back another .log file which contains the IMEI programming data (Flash Authority ID) and SimLock area recalculated.
When you open this file and if everything is matching ( IMEI,MSID, production code of the file and the phone connected + dongle ser no)
you are able to write the data to the phone.
And your phone will be with new IMEI and working.

I have all this info from great friend Y2K
(thanks) and please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you just want to unlock your phone, or if the simlock data is corrupted, you receive a file only with recalculated simlock area, you don't overwrite the FAID.
But if you need to change Cobba - you have to do both. That's why Dejan box v1.3 can't change IMEI, it can alter FAID in a way that the PPM and MCU image checksums are changed, but if you change IMEI or Cobba, this require different calculation (I suppose) and that is not included even in TDF box.
That's why TDF box is a bit useless, for most of the things you need Nokia aproval.
I haven't seen Dejan box, but I'm sure is better investment than the original equipment.

And if he's right about his new box, that is able to recalculate the FAID + SimLock area - this mean that he finally made it - rebuilding a eeprom from nothing, change IMEI, repair Nokia's with bad FAID.

Time will show.....

Best Regards

Page generated in 0.07508 seconds with 7 queries