View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 08:19   #56 (permalink)
joejoe317

Member: 2054551
Thanks Meter: 2
Hey guys after days of messing with the locked sprint phone I have gotten my 5c to work with straight talk. I am not sure how I managed to do this, but I will tell you the sequence of how I did things from the arrival of the rsim to now.

Berfore the rsim
Before the rsim I got the iPhone 5c in the mail with a bad esn, it is a sprint phone. I double checked online and verified it had a bad esn.

I kept trying to get past the activation lock, but just couldn't do it. I tried with my sprint sim, verizon, att, and straight talk (att version non lte sim I cut it from a micro to nano.)

I went to go check the mail and the rsim was there (this was Saturday)

I put in the rsim with the iPhone and the sprint sim card. I tried and tried and could not get past activation lock. I figured out that I can get back to the home screen, but once I did I would put the sim back in with rsim and it would just go back to activation lock.

I then tried this with a verizon, att, and my straightalk sim.

Same issue, even after trying every possible esn.

I found the forums from rsim5's website and I checked out that people had issues with the iphone and sprint.

I tried doing the 4g patch, even though it was for the 5/4s. I went in the app and followed directions, but same thing. Just goes to activation lock.

I went to unlockit to get the apn setting for the iPhone, there was an old and new option. I tried both and no luck at all. I tried to connect my phone with the cdma text patch and had problems getting the phone recognized, I also had a problem because it said the rsim serial was invalid.

After checking the rsim serial number, I found it wasn't in the database. I contacted the ebay seller because of this, opened a dispute with ebay, and sent the rsim number to the seller.

He told me not to worry that he would contact you guys and all will get resolved. This was two days ago and I believe he replied back last night or today.

Anyway, today I noticed something strange. When I put in the rsim with sprint or my straight talk, it would say no service no matter what.

Frustrated, I reset network settings with no success. At least before when I would put in these sims i would get bars. But now it was no service.

The screen was again on activation lock, and with no service I got the phone to unlock via itunes.

I then tried swapping the sim some more and put in my sprint sim. I then chose sprint from the list of carriers and then still got no service.

Fed up, I went to my profiles and deleted the china profile that the 4g patch included. I still didn't get any service. It just said no service. I then reset all settings, and had the same issue.

I then deleted the apn profile from straight talk, and then reset network settings. I still didn't get service, it just said no service.

Now at this point i'm thinking i messed up the phone some how because I should be getting something as far as bars go. Even though I was pretty positive it would kick me back to activation lock if i did.

I then turned off my phone and put in the sprint sim card. I just kept getting no service message. I finally turned off the phone and put in my straight talk sim, and IT WORKED! Home showed up with full bars of 4g signal.

I was waiting for the phone to go to activation lock, but it didn't. I called my brother and it worked. The internet wasn't working, either was sms.

I ended up going back to unlockit profile creator and chose to install the apn for straightalk new. The internet still didn't work.

I then restarted the phone just to make sure. Again 4g with Home popped up. For those of you that don't know, where it says sprint or att next to the bars, for straight talk it just says home.

The internet still didn't work, so I deleted the profile and used straight talk old. This time I got the internet to work.

I then sent a text to my brother, he said he got the test text i sent him and he said he responded back. I didn't get his texts, but about 20 minutes later I ended up getting them.

I then tried sending a pic text and it just fails. This is where I am at...

The weird thing is that in itools it says I have an iPhone 5, not a 5c, but it matches my serial which is linked to a 5c. I then plugged it into itunes and it says I have a 5c, with the same serial and my phone number pops up.

I went to settings>general>about and it says carrier as ATT

Now this phone is not unlocked from the beginning or else I wouldn't have needed to put in the rsim.

I dont know how it worked, I hope the process in which I did things help you guys out. I also took a screen shot of itools screen, itunes screen, and also my phones about section...

Now I do remember when I kept putting the sprint sim in with no service, under settings it had an extra screen that was never there before. It said carrier, I believe it was right under cellular which is on the same part as WiFi airplane mode and Bluetooth.

When I tapped on it, it just had a toggle switch, and that toggle was green. (this was without rsim.)

I then was curious if my straight talk would come up with the same option, but it didn't... That carrier option disappeared.

If you guys need anymore info from my phone let me know. The model is A1456

Now the problem is that since i dont have rsim in while this is working, there isnt an option for apn settings under cellular data
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joejoe317 For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.08203 seconds with 7 queries