GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > HTC > HTC Android based

HTC Android based General HTC Android phones discussion, firmwares, solution, root, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 05:10   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1880741
Thanks Meter: 0
HTC One V new /HTC Wildfire S broke :(

Long story short Wife dropped her HTC wildfire S ...1 month prior to 1yr anniversary of being with Virgin Canada..apparently phone falling from pocket and smashing screen is not covered even though we were within 1 yr warranty. Currently paying for a service and supertab phone that can't be used ( I let the wife use my phone with her sim most of the time ).

I went online and bought her an HTC One V through Virgin USA ( the guy said it took a sim ) and Virgin Canada said they would add it to her account if it had a sim .PERFECT ! .Today I got the phone and guess what ? NO SIM SLOT !! It's a GD CDMA phone. Good news Virgin Canada does support CDMA as well just not the EIMI number that goes with it and can't add it to the account! No I'm utterly pissed and lost

Fast forward tonight and I'm reading on flashing /unlocking etc only to come across swapping/adding you old phones esn /iemi to you new phone. Now I read briefly there is certain legality's but I know in Canada there is no such law when you own your devices the only thing it does is void warranty. No even if I can't be helped here ..I need 1 question answered if it is at possible to do so and I read it is. Yet can or does it matter that one phone is of different make One V compared to the Wildfire S and as long as they are the same branded phone ( HTC ) and would it matter that one is GSM and the other a CDMA ??
Old 02-08-2013, 22:25   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1880741
Thanks Meter: 0
come on people 60 views on this one and 68 on my other post and noone can give me a solid yes or no answer ?? I thought this was the site of knowledge on flash and or clone esn's to your phone ?