GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 16:17   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1029883
Thanks Meter: 18
Unhappy F003 Fly ying dual sim Wifi phone

Hello all. I have recently bought the above phone and I am trying to find as much out about it as possible.

I am sorry if this is a really basic thread but I was hoping that this forum would be a great place to get all this info into one place.

Therefore if you know any tips not contianed in the rather simplistic manual or great applications for this phone then this would be really great.

Couple of things I have discovered and thought I would share:
1: To move icons around, either just with in the page they are on or to another page, then press and hold any icon and they will all start to "wiggle" on the screen. You can now move them all around
2: to lock your phone press the power button once on the top of the phone.

Any other tips would be great.

Problems I have:
I have eventually managed to load Bolt (internet browsing) on the phone after amedning some of the Java settings in the "Fun & Games" icon to relax the security. However I cannot get either Bolt or Opera Mini to conncet to the internet using GPRS settings. Both connect fine via WiFi settings and I have used the phones basic browser through GPRS so not sure what the problem is here?

Can you add a downloaded application as an icon onto the phone rather than going through the "java" icon?

Is there a way to remove the lanaguages that you don't use on the phone?

Can predictive text be loaded as I don't believe it is standard?

Rageding applications: Anyone got any good recommendations?

Thanks

p.s. If anyone wants to ask me any questions then please do, although not sure if i'll be able to answer as I am a basic user, but will if I know the answer.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elvis1 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 07-20-2009, 14:06   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1029883
Thanks Meter: 18
dual sim GPRS connection issue

No replies: does no-one have any thoughts on this or advice.

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Elvis1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2009, 17:50   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 18234
Thanks Meter: 97
I have this ,after on phone at the blink and off cpu Mediltek ARm.WHAT at the work for this CPU
The Following User Says Thank You to nafanya For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2009, 05:43   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1083396
Thanks Meter: 4
what are the real specs on this device? very very interested in purchasing it, but i cannot really find info that does not contrast.

like, does it support 16 icons on the front page like the iphone (not including the 4 in the very bottom field)

how many total menu sliding pages are there? 6? 10?

what is the os on this device?

how can one update the firmware or add software to it?

these are the questions that vendors shy away from & it seems to be the best clone on the market that is not over $200+
The Following User Says Thank You to 3vil_p0pc0rn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2009, 02:49   #5 (permalink)

Member: 221341
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis1 View Post
Hello all. I have recently bought the above phone and I am trying to find as much out about it as possible.

I am sorry if this is a really basic thread but I was hoping that this forum would be a great place to get all this info into one place.

Therefore if you know any tips not contianed in the rather simplistic manual or great applications for this phone then this would be really great.

Couple of things I have discovered and thought I would share:
1: To move icons around, either just with in the page they are on or to another page, then press and hold any icon and they will all start to "wiggle" on the screen. You can now move them all around
2: to lock your phone press the power button once on the top of the phone.

Any other tips would be great.

Problems I have:
I have eventually managed to load Bolt (internet browsing) on the phone after amedning some of the Java settings in the "Fun & Games" icon to relax the security. However I cannot get either Bolt or Opera Mini to conncet to the internet using GPRS settings. Both connect fine via WiFi settings and I have used the phones basic browser through GPRS so not sure what the problem is here?

Can you add a downloaded application as an icon onto the phone rather than going through the "java" icon?

Is there a way to remove the lanaguages that you don't use on the phone?

Can predictive text be loaded as I don't believe it is standard?

Rageding applications: Anyone got any good recommendations?

Thanks

p.s. If anyone wants to ask me any questions then please do, although not sure if i'll be able to answer as I am a basic user, but will if I know the answer.
What did you configure in the fun and games section to be able to do this???
thx
The Following User Says Thank You to shirux For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2009, 07:05   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1087697
Sonork: Yousef
Installing Java apps

The best way to install Java applications is to copy your .jar files on to the memory card (in a new folder), then using the file manager browse the memory card and go to the new folder (with .jar files in it) and select the application you want and it will begin installing... I tried Bolt browser V0.083 and it works fine (even with Youtube, it downloads the video onto the phone and then you can play it (limited)) the Bolt lite also works fine but is doesn't show video.
try the www.getjar.com for java apps and search for apps deisgned for 'touch screen'. I've tried calcualtor, iFog, and they work fine.

The phone shows upto 12 icons on the screen and leaves the bottom row empty (may for easier sliding between screens).

I had a problem when tried to move the Opera mini icon, after the icons started wiggling i press the main-menu button and the icon doesn't start opera anymore, i have to go to the Java icon and run it from there, anyone knows how to solve this issue?
Old 08-06-2009, 17:31   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1091057
Thanks for the information. I got this phone too. I have tried it and have something to share. Some of them might be the wrong setting, some are lack of functionality.

1. The WiFi works fine, except that it does not support the 802.11x EPA-LEAP security in our company, so I can not connect it in office, but ok in home.
2. The audio player can not play .wma format;Any software to convert wma to mp3?
3. I can install Nimbuzz v1 for Java (using LG KE850 model to download), which can connect skype and many other chatting sites, but can not use Skype/SkypeOut calls. Fring does not work. Voip (SIP) does not work. Making voip calls over WiFi is the most important funtion I would like to have. Unfortunately this model can not do that.
4. Google map can not work because of the touch screen. After starting google map, it requests keys input for accepting the google user terms. No way for touch screen to input that.
5. Many Java software from www.getjar.com could not be installed.
6. email works fine, with some small nonknown bugs (somehow, can not get mail by header only, but ok with full retrieval).
7. I also want to know how to delete those languages I do not need. It is annoying to have some many languages when inputting something. English and Chinese are enough for me.

The phone is generally ok. Hope people using this phone have more to share.
Old 08-06-2009, 20:05   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis1 View Post
Problems I have:
You will need to change the network profile for each Java application to switch network connection. It seems that they can not automatically change the profile (select available network automatically).
Old 08-07-2009, 12:16   #9 (permalink)

Member: 938717
does anyone have problem by dialing number to make a call and it says not allowed to dial???it gives this error because ive bought 4 f003 to family but read about this error around the net with videos in youtube , what do you think ??? can i fix it my self by changing some type of settings???? oks hugs
Old 08-07-2009, 15:25   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedusa View Post
does anyone have problem by dialing number to make a call and it says not allowed to dial???it gives this error because ive bought 4 f003 to family but read about this error around the net with videos in youtube , what do you think ??? can i fix it my self by changing some type of settings???? oks hugs
I had similar problem in the begining, now it is ok. I think it is related to the GSM network register.
Old 08-07-2009, 23:37   #11 (permalink)

Member: 1091333
Hi i have a F006 wifi, i am very glad with the phone the only problems i am having:
-Wireless: it works fine but if its a free network without password there is no way to conect because it always demands a password insertion, anybody has the solution?
-Battery: it wont hold long,(i discovered that it would hold a little longer if you turn the wireless off) but still a problem, do you know if you can use a battery that is not fly-ing, example the battery of blackberry storm?(1000mah-3.7v)
-ebooks: i am still searching a good ebook reader that works and reads something else that is not *.txt, the best so far is mobipocket but you have to convert the book in the mobipocket format(it supports doc, pdf, and html). I couldnt get anyview program to work. Mobilepdf works but i cant scroll down without using the autoscroll down wich is very slow(same problem with office viewer). Any sugestions related to a good ebook reader? and related to scrolling problem?
-I dont know if the screen is exactly the same as the F003 but i had a hard time finding the resolution to convert to mp4, after many trys i found allok mpeg4 converter: convert to Mp4-mpeg4 video format (320x240 VGA) great quality!! (this resolution is for F006).
-Tv is great and has very good quality
-Dual sim works perfectly

I have to say that i am really glad that i got this phone the greatest problem for me so far is the battery besides that is a really good phone.
Old 08-08-2009, 16:02   #12 (permalink)

i should be getting my phone in today or monday, so i will have to let you know on a couple of things.

adobe has their own pdf reader, it is adobe reader le. not sure if it will work on this phone, but it worked well on my nokia n75. quickoffice is another that may work. it is another microsoft-like office suite for mobiles.

as far as batteries go, i would stick with the original specs of these batteries. make sure the mah & voltage matches otherwise it could melt the connectors.
Old 08-08-2009, 20:23   #13 (permalink)

well, it arrived in a blank black box. . .which worries me that i got a knockoff f003. how could one tell? looks like everything else might match up?

anyone know how to turn off gprs or internet use? i want to only use it for wifi & nothing else related to my sim for fear of extra charges.

i would also like to remove the annoying startup & shutdown music. . .
Old 08-08-2009, 22:48   #14 (permalink)

Member: 1092635
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vil_p0pc0rn View Post
i would also like to remove the annoying startup & shutdown music. . .
Press "User Profile" icon -> Select the profile -> "Customize" -> "Tone setup" -> "Power on/Power off" -> Select "Silent".
Old 08-09-2009, 21:00   #15 (permalink)

Member: 938717
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnewton View Post
I had similar problem in the begining, now it is ok. I think it is related to the GSM network register.
hy davidnewton ,so how do you fix the problem ? do you know if we can change something in the phone related to the sim card??? ive read something about the mhz working sim voltage or something like that but i dont remember wicht post says that...and dont have shore about this ...need clarification about this matter ok thanks for help...best regards..