GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > LCD Refurbish

LCD Refurbish All things related to LCD / Screen refurbish and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2015, 19:10   #106 (permalink)

Member: 523004
Thanks Meter: 0

they told me 20 minutes 8 MPA 50 gradi degress
Old 06-15-2015, 21:46   #107 (permalink)

Member: 2204208
Thanks Meter: 2
and its work for you?
Old 06-15-2015, 23:10   #108 (permalink)

I still have to try this combination, just try 'post results
Old 06-16-2015, 17:26   #109 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1559845
Thanks Meter: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo_maifer View Post
So. Let me tell what i have done until now.
i am trying to refurbish 2 displays.
LCD 01 is a Moto G
- put it in autoclave at 50ºC and 0.4 MPA for 40 minutes.
- No bubble, but they came back couple hours later
- as recomended, put in autoclave again at 20ºC an 0.4 MPA for 20 min
- No bubble, but some little bubbles came back couple hours later
- autclave for third time and fourth time, always 20ºc and 0.4mpa for 20 min.
- stiil have a very very little bubble at the bottom left corner.

LCD 02 is a Galaxy S4
- put it in autoclave at 20ºC and 0.4 MPA for 20 minutes.
- Many bubble still remaining
- put it in autoclave at 50ºC and 0.4 MPA for 40 minutes.
- Less bubble, but still many of them
- put it in autoclave at 75ºC and 0.4 MPA for 40 minutes.
- Almost no bubble and some came back couple hours
- as recomended, put in autoclave again at 20ºC an 0.4 MPA
- Just one medium bubble, but some others came back couple hours later

So. As i mentioned before, i am doing almost everything manually. The only machine i have is autoclave.
Do you think my problem could be on laminating?
The problem is not Laminating I have ~6-8 months working with OCA and have tried With and Without laminating and used to have the bubble problem but only like 1 screen out of 10

This is one of my machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxevita View Post
please respond heI also want to buy machine 5 to 1, but then if bubbles appear, do not buy you 'lp,
The machines are not the culprit for this issue let me share my experience
(I'm using Mitsubishi OCA)
(Tried different types of adhesive removers does not really matters)

When I started working with OCA I used the autoclave a LOT since my laminating skills were bad and sometimes I had bubbles a few days after repairs like 1 out of 10 screens but don't get me wrong the laminating process was not the problem BUT since I was not laminating perfectly, that made the process inside the autoclave longer so the OCA was exposed to vacuum and heat for a longer period of time.

So I noticed when I finished the process in under 15 min
Laminating 2-4 min
Autoclave 6-10 min
The chances of bubble would be around 5%

When laminating went bad and I had to use autoclave for more than 25min
the chances of bubbles a few days after repair would be around 40%

So I figured what happens inside the autoclave causes the bubbles and I tried different things like adjusting the values for pressure and heat (I'm not an expert)
Did not really make any difference so finally my wife suggested that I put the OCA in the Fridge Before and After every repair and believe it or not guys this has solved my issue 100%
the Before part is not that important since most of you take care of your OCA by having them on the fridge at all times probably
It's the after that really hits the spot since the OCA get's out of the autoclave at around 40 degrees which is my current setting and it's weak at this point, easier to yield but the cold takes care of that really fast, I leave every screen like 10min- 1 hr after each repair and it's been enough so far, at the beginning I left them like overnight lol

So guys I hope this helps some of you having this issue If you have any questions fell free to ask
I myself have some questions about iPhone 6 repairs
The Following User Says Thank You to LastDeuS For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2015, 21:59   #110 (permalink)

autoclave at around 40 degrees ,what bar pression ?
Old 06-23-2015, 09:12   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxevita View Post
they told me 20 minutes 8 MPA 50 gradi degress
does not work, always return bubble
Old 06-25-2015, 09:02   #112 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 164613
Thanks Meter: 11
Hi guys, it seems I solved the bubbles problem. It depends only by the application of the film and how you put them tohether. Last 10 days I made a lot of them, it gets perfect after the first press and I don't use the autoclave!!! The big secret is to have the right plastic molds, I reworked all of them that the distance between the glass+OCA and the LCD must be like 2mm. So when you put the glass it doesn't touch the LCD. you must press with the finger in the middle, then pull out the kit holding only by the sides, put it in the press and that's it!
Also I found the method for the iPhone 6 and 6 plus, already made around 15 screens, all perfect!!! For a perfect quality you must pull out the backlight, cut the broken glass, cut out the polarizer, clean it well, apply the new polarizer film, put the OCA on the glass, put them together as I told with the touch in the middle, put under press, when finished install the plastic frame with preapplicated thermal glue (not adhesive film!!!), put it on the hot plate 80C for a couple of minutes, then install NEW backlight and that's it!
Old 06-26-2015, 19:39   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roso View Post
Hi guys, it seems I solved the bubbles problem. It depends only by the application of the film and how you put them tohether. Last 10 days I made a lot of them, it gets perfect after the first press and I don't use the autoclave!!! The big secret is to have the right plastic molds, I reworked all of them that the distance between the glass+OCA and the LCD must be like 2mm. So when you put the glass it doesn't touch the LCD. you must press with the finger in the middle, then pull out the kit holding only by the sides, put it in the press and that's it!
Also I found the method for the iPhone 6 and 6 plus, already made around 15 screens, all perfect!!! For a perfect quality you must pull out the backlight, cut the broken glass, cut out the polarizer, clean it well, apply the new polarizer film, put the OCA on the glass, put them together as I told with the touch in the middle, put under press, when finished install the plastic frame with preapplicated thermal glue (not adhesive film!!!), put it on the hot plate 80C for a couple of minutes, then install NEW backlight and that's it!
thanks to the collaboration, but I was wondering what car do you use? 5 a1
Old 06-26-2015, 19:48   #114 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 164613
Thanks Meter: 11
Mine is exactly like this one Risultato della ricerca immagini di Google per http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/2046635780_1/Hottest-KO-LCD-OCA-Vacuum-Laminating-Machine-with-Vacuum-Pump-Universal-No-Mould-No-Need-Remove.jpg
Old 06-28-2015, 08:57   #115 (permalink)

Member: 2204208
i have the same machine do you have skape?
Old 07-07-2015, 08:52   #116 (permalink)

Member: 2423658
Look like im not the only one. Done more than 50 x ip4 screens. Tiny bubbles start to appears on top of the screen "vertically - just below the static bar" after a few days.

I have done the following:
1. Applied OCA on lcd panels
2. Put them into autoclave
3. Insert lcd panel into mould
4. Put on front glass lense
5. Press lcd screen with vacuum LCD laminator for 4mins per screen
6. Put them into autoclave
7. Dump screens into freezer for 20mins

I think it has to do with the process from begining to the end. Hopefully somone can come up a real solution. I will proceed testing other diff methods, will keep you guys updated.

Regards
PPD
Old 07-07-2015, 09:11   #117 (permalink)

One thing I found most vacuum lcd laminator press are poorly manufactured in China. Most have either 1 large air cylinder press or two mini air cyinder press. Ech time you laminate 2 or more screens per press/cycle, the front glass lense wont be laminated perfectly flat to the lcd panel due to the design. If you take time look at the heating plate press in your vacuum lcd laminator, the moment you shift weight (by just using your hand to move it) to one end other side will lift up by a fraction of few mm.

I have both the 1 large air cylinder press or two mini air cyinder press vacuum laminators. I'm using the twin cyclinder designs, to compensate this uneven poor design, you will require 4 air cylinders per coners so look like i need to modify mine laminator machine by adding 2 extra cyclinders on each side and re route the tubings and add on new connectors.

Regards
PPD
The Following User Says Thank You to AusWidePPD For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2015, 10:07   #118 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1499154
Hi, fellow repair guy's i also want to buy a OCA machine but i dont know witch. Can you help me with a decision? i dont have to much of a budget, also i dont do many LCDs.
Is this machine any good?
Free ship! Newest with bubble remove machine for 7 inch screens LY898 automatic OCA laminator lcd vacuum laminating machine-in Other Machinery from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Or this one?
https://www.will-hi.com/mt-5-in-1-lc...autoclave.html
Old 07-15-2015, 16:57   #119 (permalink)

Both machines look like a single cylinder press. Not sure is the machine able operate the laminator and autoclave both the same timE...
Old 07-16-2015, 13:29   #120 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1499154
So any ideas what machine to buy that is good and reliable?