GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   LCD Refurbish (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f1007/)
-   -   Bubbles After Repair On OCA Machine (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f1007/bubbles-after-repair-oca-machine-1933976/)

cellularman89 04-01-2015 21:37

Bubbles After Repair On OCA Machine

Hi,

Im getting bubbles after using autoclave to remove them. When I take the lcd out of the autoclave the bubbles will be 100% gone, then slowly come back. Normally the bubbles reappear around the edges and very rarely in the middle section.

MY PROCESS

Im not in a clean room but I keep the room I do the refurbishing in very clean

1. Heat lcd on hotplate at 100 degress for about 5 mins
2. use lcd extractor to pull lcd off the frame
3. use vaccum pump and remove glass using a thin wire
4. clean lcd with a wd40 ( I tried many glue removers and this is by far the best for me )
5. Put oca film mitsubushi onto glass lens with machine like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai8ESBEAVY4
6. I put lcd in lcd mold then lay the glass on top but only press in the middle lightley just enough for the glass to stay on lcd
7. I put into lamination machine, the process is about 2 mins in lamination machine
8. Then I put in autoclave at 6mpa and set to 55 degress for 20 minutes to remove the remaining small bubbles.

Most of the time very small bubbles disappear and then slowly come back minutes later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I hear maybe the problems:

1. OCA mitsubishi is for commercial machines and not the smaller machines that I own-- And that Japanese oca is made for small machines ( I never used japanese oca )

2. That dust that slips in is causing the bubbles to reappear.

3. That the glass that im using maybe poor in quality

4. The autoclave is not strong enough ( Even though I adjusted the setting to 10mpa with same result )

5. That the lamination press with glass on lcd in my laminator machine settings are wrong ( I was told not to configure the settings and that they were preset from my supplier )

6. Put the oca in the refrigerator for 15 mins before lamination process ( which I tried and got better results but not good enough )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My conclusion is that I tried many different things and get mixed results. Sometimes The bubbles dont come back after refurbish and sometimes it does. Its like 50% chance it will work with no bubbles coming back.

Does any experience person out here have any idea what i maybe doing wrong? Please feel free to give me any suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it.

cellularman89 04-02-2015 01:37

here is a video of machines that I use
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwL5Ku6_6dc

here is a video of the problem Im am having
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLRrBnMU_h8

benistinc 04-05-2015 19:43

I have the same problem in 20% of LCD Right now I'm catching up with the OCA on the LCD and the glass did I catch the OCA on the glass will have better results
I'll be happy to know there is a forum for people who deal in OCA

cellularman89 04-05-2015 22:51

kawin oca

there is a new oca called kn6.uv

This oca had loca in it. after autoclave bubble remover you run uv light on it and the bubbles will never return.

I just purchased some and it will arrive very shortly. I'm very excited to try it

Arkadi0o0 04-16-2015 02:05

Same problem anybody can help

darkside85 04-16-2015 04:16

Bubbles after oca repair

Yes i'll like to know the right process as well so We All dont make same mistakes thanks guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fun 04-16-2015 05:07

Code:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellularman89
                                        (Post 10961523)

Hi,

Im getting bubbles after using autoclave to remove them. When I take the lcd out of the autoclave the bubbles will be 100% gone, then slowly come back. Normally the bubbles reappear around the edges and very rarely in the middle section.

MY PROCESS

Im not in a clean room but I keep the room I do the refurbishing in very clean

1. Heat lcd on hotplate at 100 degress for about 5 mins
2. use lcd extractor to pull lcd off the frame
3. use vaccum pump and remove glass using a thin wire
4. clean lcd with a wd40 ( I tried many glue removers and this is by far the best for me )
5. Put oca film mitsubushi onto glass lens with machine like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai8ESBEAVY4
6. I put lcd in lcd mold then lay the glass on top but only press in the middle lightley just enough for the glass to stay on lcd
7. I put into lamination machine, the process is about 2 mins in lamination machine
8. Then I put in autoclave at 6mpa and set to 55 degress for 20 minutes to remove the remaining small bubbles.

Most of the time very small bubbles disappear and then slowly come back minutes later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I hear maybe the problems:

1. OCA mitsubishi is for commercial machines and not the smaller machines that I own-- And that Japanese oca is made for small machines ( I never used japanese oca )

2. That dust that slips in is causing the bubbles to reappear.

3. That the glass that im using maybe poor in quality

4. The autoclave is not strong enough ( Even though I adjusted the setting to 10mpa with same result )

5. That the lamination press with glass on lcd in my laminator machine settings are wrong ( I was told not to configure the settings and that they were preset from my supplier )

6. Put the oca in the refrigerator for 15 mins before lamination process ( which I tried and got better results but not good enough )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My conclusion is that I tried many different things and get mixed results. Sometimes The bubbles dont come back after refurbish and sometimes it does. Its like 50% chance it will work with no bubbles coming back.

Does any experience person out here have any idea what i maybe doing wrong? Please feel free to give me any suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it.

You said what using WD40 for cleaning glue. Do you clean LCD with ISOPROPANOL before to apply OCA?
I'm very new to this too and thank you for this tread.

cellularman89 04-17-2015 07:35

clean lcd

Here is what I do for cleaning lcd.

After glass seperation I spray wd40 on the lcd to weaken the oca then I use a plastic pry tool to peel off the oca. Then I use a cottom anti static cloth with 99% isoprohel alcolhol to remove the wd40 from lcd.

cellularman89 04-17-2015 07:39

Also what machine are you guys using? Are they the 3 in 1 machine or do you use the laminator and bubble remover seperate?

bajinchi 04-18-2015 21:08

Hi Guys,

I was lucky to get here, as I was looking information related with OCA equipment and I just read this thread.

Actually I do LOCA repairs, struggling a lot with LCDs with BACKLIGHT but the work can be done.

So, trying to help here, I found this 3M document about OCA, that maybe can help to fix the bubbles problem showing up after their removal.

I can´t post the PDF as I have less than 10 posts, so google this and it should be the first hit:

Optically Clear CEF TB qxd - 3M

And now the highlights I think are important here to solve this out:

Step 1: Baking

Samples can be baked at 85°C for 2-5 hours, depending on the plastic thickness; the thicker the plastic, the longer it takes to remove moisture

Are you guys “baking” the OCA before using them to remove moisture from it? Or it can be from the recently cleaned LCD and the moisture came from it? Or both? Or his step can´t be applied to the OCA sheet as it can melt?

Step 2: Lamination

In the document is made by hand with a roller…

Step 3: Autoclave

Temperature: 30-60°C

Pressure: 70-100 PSI

Duration: 20-60 minutes

I thought that there is vacuum inside the autoclave, not pressure… am I correct?

cellularman89 in process #8 do this at 55ºC by 20 minutes at 6MPA (no idea what MPA is…yet) Maybe a new setting to try?

Step 4: Durability

This step is meant for customers who would like to determine the effect of long term device exposure to high temperature and high humidity. Most moisture absorbing substrates (e.g. PC and PMMA) fail this process because they outgas at high temperature and high humidity creating bubble in the assembly. Step 1 above is implemented to improve outgassing problem.
Here is a typical accelerated process condition.

Temperature: 60°C
Humidity: 90% R. H.
Duration:12-72 hours

This should be to have in consideration if bubbles appear after the de-bubbling process? Weird... but it points back to Step #1 of the document...

Maybe someone with these tools can help to try this new settings described in this document recommendations and let us know if it helps?

Thank you guys.

cellularman89 04-20-2015 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkadi0o0 (Post 10989274)
Same problem anybody can help

Hi, try to lower mpa pressusre on autoclave to 40 and put 50 degrees temp and let it stay for 30 mins.

How are you laminating the glass to oca? By automatic machine or semi or manual?

GSMsurgeon 04-20-2015 11:29

use loca

iam using loca not @ any problem..except small things some times..coming out some loca in home button..clean it many times then will be ok(with experiance) never tryed oca sticker

barba14 04-20-2015 12:33

LCD separation

hello i have another kind of problem, i bought an lcd separator machine for separate the lcd from frame, but they didn't work good because they broke my lcd...anyone can help me??

bajinchi 04-20-2015 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellularman89 (Post 10997120)
Hi, try to lower mpa pressusre on autoclave to 40 and put 50 degrees temp and let it stay for 30 mins.

How are you laminating the glass to oca? By automatic machine or semi or manual?

Hi cellularman89, did you solve the problem with this settings?

Thanks

cellularman89 04-20-2015 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajinchi (Post 10998026)
Hi cellularman89, did you solve the problem with this settings?

Thanks

I believe so. The problem I was having was bubbles would come back after an hour or so. But I changed the lamination process from 2 mins to 5 seconds, and I also was not laying the oca on the glass correctly bc I was not using the machine that aids you in laying the oca on the glass correclty. After I laid oca on glass good and changed lamination settings then I got no bubble return.

also another thing to note is after lamination process do not press on glass to try and squeeze out the air bubbles. Let the autoclave do that. I use to press on the glass after lamination to try and squeeze the big bubbles out so the autoclave wouldnt have to remove big bubbles, but I had better sucess rate with no hard pressing

cellularman89 04-21-2015 01:24

I ran across this issue just now where the lcd is showing a yellowish greenish tint on the top right corner.. I believe heat caused the issue but im not positive. I left the phone on overnight and I think it overheated and burned a mark in the lcd.

check this video out with my issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FaE...ture=*********

benistinc 04-21-2015 09:19

how you laying the oca on the glass correctly?

fun 04-22-2015 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellularman89 (Post 10998255)
I believe so. The problem I was having was bubbles would come back after an hour or so. But I changed the lamination process from 2 mins to 5 seconds, and I also was not laying the oca on the glass correctly bc I was not using the machine that aids you in laying the oca on the glass correclty. After I laid oca on glass good and changed lamination settings then I got no bubble return.

also another thing to note is after lamination process do not press on glass to try and squeeze out the air bubbles. Let the autoclave do that. I use to press on the glass after lamination to try and squeeze the big bubbles out so the autoclave wouldnt have to remove big bubbles, but I had better sucess rate with no hard pressing

Would you share how to lay the oca on the glass correctly?

jackCJ25PL 04-22-2015 18:21

Hi people. What type of oca film do use? A dont know which one to chose. 175 mitusbishi or 250? for an iphone 4 and 5 lcd repair. I am new in business. I am making an order through aliex******s. And can you tell me if i need vacum laminator or can i just use a roller? Is there really this big difference?

cellularman89 04-22-2015 22:45

Video of lamination flim

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun (Post 11001785)
Would you share how to lay the oca on the glass correctly?

I will make a video of using the oca film laminator and post it on here tonight

cellularman89 04-23-2015 00:51

here is the video of the oca film lamination process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeS-eurI7wg

cellularman89 04-23-2015 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackCJ25PL (Post 11003815)
Hi people. What type of oca film do use? A dont know which one to chose. 175 mitusbishi or 250? for an iphone 4 and 5 lcd repair. I am new in business. I am making an order through aliex******s. And can you tell me if i need vacum laminator or can i just use a roller? Is there really this big difference?

175 um is for iphone 4

250 um is for iphone 5

reason 175 um is for iphone for is because its used inbetween the glass digitizer and lcd

where as the iphone 5 you cant seperate the digitizer from the lcd so you use the 250 um

understand

cellularman89 04-23-2015 20:24

Bubble problems solutions

Things that could cause bubble problem after autoclave

* make sure autoclave is clean, bc if you dont then dust can get pushed in
* make sure lcd is clean before you put in autoclave.

If dust or dirt or oca residue gets in the autoclave you will have bubble problems.

bajinchi 04-24-2015 14:30

So the problem was generated by dust getting in when installing the OCA sheets?

If so, the problem is not how to use this machinery so dust getting in?

That would be great if so.

Thanks

rodrigo_maifer 04-24-2015 20:44

Bubbles on corners and edges

Hi,

i am having bubble on the corners and edges of LCD.

My process:
1-) remove the broken glass and clean the LCD. When it is out of glue, i clean again with isopropyl until its perfect clean.
2-) Laminate the OCA on the glass manually
3-) put the glass and OCA on LCD
4-) autoclave for 20 min, 70 psi (7 mpa), 50ºC
The display gets out of the autoclave with bubbles on the corners and edges. Don´t even need to wait. The good news are that no new bubbles appears, even 10 days after the refurbishing.

So, any idea what can i do to eliminate this bubbles?

cellularman89 04-24-2015 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodrigo_maifer (Post 11008944)
Hi,

i am having bubble on the corners and edges of LCD.

My process:
1-) remove the broken glass and clean the LCD. When it is out of glue, i clean again with isopropyl until its perfect clean.
2-) Laminate the OCA on the glass manually
3-) put the glass and OCA on LCD
4-) autoclave for 20 min, 70 psi (7 mpa), 50ºC
The display gets out of the autoclave with bubbles on the corners and edges. Don´t even need to wait. The good news are that no new bubbles appears, even 10 days after the refurbishing.

So, any idea what can i do to eliminate this bubbles?

I see in your process your missing a step. your missing the lamination of the glass to the lcd. Maybe you didnt add it

this is what Im talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeS-eurI7wg

Do you add this step?

cellularman89 04-24-2015 23:48

Bubble problems

BUBBLES CAN HAPPEN FOR MANY REASONS!!

1. dust on lcd or dust on the glass that has the oca on it
2. incorrect lamination oca film installation
3. To much time in lamination process
4. autoclave settings are incorrect. ( I choose anywhere from 35-40 temp and that gives me the best results) Also the pressure in the autoclave. I put anywhere from 4-5 mpa. Too much pressure will cause bubbles to return.
5. Cleanness of auto clave and screen before you put it in the autoclave.
__________________________________________________ _____________

TIPS

1. When install glass on lcd make sure you do the installation in one spot. try not to move around because if you do then you put your glass at risk of dust after pulling the protective film.
2. Try to work in a clean environment
3. Prep your machines according to what lcd your trying to refurb. ( I will make a video to show how to prep your machines very soon so you guys know what Im talking about )
4. BE VERY PATIENT!! This type of stuff requires you to be very calm and gentle and not to rush
I

cellularman89 04-24-2015 23:56

NO bubbles

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...pshzfinahw.jpg

This is a phone that I did a full refurb to.

benistinc 04-26-2015 06:37

helo any one have the ko Vacuum OCA Lamination Laminating?

maxevita 04-26-2015 17:15

these machines also danger of bubbles after a few days?

maxevita 04-26-2015 17:30

these machines:tbk or mag ,automatic ,No Bubble No Molds 5 in 1 OCA Vacuum Laminator Laminating Machine LCD Screen Repair Equipment KO-MAG,someone has used them, are reliable, and these machines, they have problems of bubbles? help do not know what to buy I have little space in your home

benistinc 04-26-2015 18:05

i have the ko macine they work good for me but they dont remove the bubbles 100% luck for me i have bubble remove machine :-) any one use the vacouum lcd seprator?

cellularman89 04-26-2015 18:17

I use the vaccum Lcd seperator.

But

I do not use the automatic vaccum glass seperator. I dont believe in that machine. I believe its better to do manual seperation with your hands. the automatic machine has too many factors to set. Very easy to break pcd on it and tear polarizer.

maxevita 04-26-2015 18:31

ko which machine you feel comfortable? that model?

maxevita 04-26-2015 18:43

one other issue with the machine ko, then uses remove bubbles, perfect after I there are always problems of bubbles that everyone is talking about?
Also, because I have to buy, and I would not spend $ 2,000, then to have problems after bubbles

please help to buy a machine that has no problems, some advice from some model that you have?

maxevita 04-26-2015 19:20

I also agree machinery automatic separator, can 'do a lot of damage

maxevita 04-26-2015 22:31

please help me to buy the right machine

benistinc 04-26-2015 22:35

some time the lcd slip in the vacoum seprstor any advise?

maxevita 04-26-2015 22:50

not 'clear what you asked

maxevita 04-26-2015 23:02

please help me,that model and what brand do you recommend

maxevita 04-26-2015 23:43

benistinc,I know you recommend?

maxevita 04-27-2015 00:23

I know you recommend?

benistinc 04-27-2015 14:27

you need it for youer shop or you whant to sell them?
i what i ask is some tip's for the vacouum seprator the lcd some time slip form the hot plate (if he crack) any help for this problam?

ZetMen 04-27-2015 22:17

guys i had some of problems like you with oca :) and i solved, problem usualy when u installing oca on the lcd or when u laminate the screen is down becuase the part of the tape from back of the lcd left in the frame then u need to put something under lcd inside mould to laminate good its shouldnt be almost nothing bubbles if anyone have more questions please contact me on skype ;)

benistinc 04-27-2015 22:30

i have some prablom when i remove the polroizer in the iphone 5 when i remove the glue some of the adhesive remover get in the backlight how you do it

cellularman89 04-27-2015 22:43

Wd40 on a paper towel

Quote:

Originally Posted by benistinc (Post 11015266)
i have some prablom when i remove the polroizer in the iphone 5 when i remove the glue some of the adhesive remover get in the backlight how you do it

I can make a video showing how to do it with wd40 and a paper towel. It takes alot of time and patients though. Tell me with you want me to make. I dont mind at all

cellularman89 04-27-2015 23:00

DO you mean put something under lcd in laminator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZetMen (Post 11015260)
guys i had some of problems like you with oca :) and i solved, problem usualy when u installing oca on the lcd or when u laminate the screen is down becuase the part of the tape from back of the lcd left in the frame then u need to put something under lcd inside mould to laminate good its shouldnt be almost nothing bubbles if anyone have more questions please contact me on skype ;)

Hi,

so if we put something thin underneath the lcd while laminating the glass to the lcd it will lower the chances of bubbles coming back

like this picture
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...psawwyb2dz.jpg

and not like this picture right
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...psfxd7jx1a.jpg

cellularman89 04-27-2015 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxevita (Post 11012674)
one other issue with the machine ko, then uses remove bubbles, perfect after I there are always problems of bubbles that everyone is talking about?
Also, because I have to buy, and I would not spend $ 2,000, then to have problems after bubbles

please help to buy a machine that has no problems, some advice from some model that you have?

KO machine works very well. It had a air compressor already built in and does not make alot of noise.

The only reason I would say buy another machine is only if you do bulk refurbishing. like hundreds in one day. If you do on a small level this ko is just fine.

The bubble problem is not because of the machine but is because of not properly using the machine. So if you do decide to buy the ko you have to get the hang of it to not get bubbles, same as any other machine

benistinc 04-27-2015 23:08

celluarman can you do the video and do you have skape?

cellularman89 04-28-2015 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by benistinc (Post 11015298)
celluarman can you do the video and do you have skape?

skype name: cellularman89