GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > MFC Team Products > iBUS Tools For Apple Watch

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2017, 05:27   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1872242
Thanks Meter: 1
Thumbs up Activated issue, Please contact your carrier or AppleCare

Has anyone actually been able to activate Cellular service on the LTEs? Seems like vast majority of them are not able to be activated, even after restored. I have even seen quite a few get restored successfully, able to pair, but get bricked right after Terms of Service w/ error message - Device cannot be activated / contact Apple Support.

Old 12-30-2017, 15:13   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 79315
Thanks Meter: 6,024
able to pair, but get bricked right after Terms of Service w/ error message - Device cannot be activated / contact Apple Support. ?

Can you show some picture ?

Old 12-30-2017, 16:55   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2794635
Thanks Meter: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by my5ohhhhh View Post
Has anyone actually been able to activate Cellular service on the LTEs? Seems like vast majority of them are not able to be activated, even after restored. I have even seen quite a few get restored successfully, able to pair, but get bricked right after Terms of Service w/ error message - Device cannot be activated / contact Apple Support.
Wait, have you seen any that have been able to be activated? Also, could it not just be used without cellular?

Old 12-30-2017, 19:00   #4 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2777439
Thanks Meter: 16
Quote:
How are you even restoring them? Through MFCbox? I doubt that untouched firmware? That might cause an issue...

Old 12-30-2017, 22:51   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackedbyj4 View Post
Wait, have you seen any that have been able to be activated? Also, could it not just be used without cellular?
I have seen many that are able to be used without cellular and quite a few that get bricked entirely after TOS message. It all seems to coincide with Apple Serial number and Purchase Date of Watch. Many demo serials are tied to an obscure purchase date which seem to send a red flag to Apple to deny activation. Can’t seem to send a screenshot or hyperlink at the moment.

Old 12-31-2017, 04:29   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2794635
Thanks Meter: 43
Quote:
I have seen many that are able to be used without cellular and quite a few that get bricked entirely after TOS message. It all seems to coincide with Apple Serial number and Purchase Date of Watch. Many demo serials are tied to an obscure purchase date which seem to send a red flag to Apple to deny activation. Can’t seem to send a screenshot or hyperlink at the moment.
Well, dang. I ordered a MFC Dongle a few days ago. I have a TON of series 3's. I will post here how they work. Fingers crossed!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to hackedbyj4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 10:53   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1702960
Sonork: menghour
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:
I got error too , it said "There is a problem with your device. "
" This device cannot be activated for service. Please contact your carrier or AppleCare. "

Old 01-02-2018, 13:27   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by menghour View Post
" This device cannot be activated for service. Please contact your carrier or AppleCare. "
Yes that’s the message. It’s basically bricked right? Other than being able to reset and re-pair, only to get message again. I would be curious to see what info the serial# / imei shows..

Old 01-02-2018, 13:41   #9 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:

Seems only happened with some of Demo watch , for normally retail watch will be not happen this issue.

Hopefully i can get one for Demo watch in this case and to check .

Old 01-02-2018, 15:34   #10 (permalink)

Member: 1702960
Sonork: menghour
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by .::Gsmdenis::. View Post
Seems only happened with some of Demo watch , for normally retail watch will be not happen this issue.

Hopefully i can get one for Demo watch in this case and to check .
It really good if there anyway to bypass that activation , restore s4 42mm Wi-Fi from demo can use normal but for gsm can't activate !

Old 01-02-2018, 20:22   #11 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
It really good if there anyway to bypass that activation , restore s4 42mm Wi-Fi from demo can use normal but for gsm can't activate !
One of these bricked S3 Demo cullular watches was taken to the Apple Store and the "genius" said it was a stolen demo unit and that was the reason the sold date was pushed back and why it was essentially blacklisted by Apple...

Old 01-02-2018, 20:55   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradegon View Post
One of these bricked S3 Demo cullular watches was taken to the Apple Store and the "genius" said it was a stolen demo unit and that was the reason the sold date was pushed back and why it was essentially blacklisted by Apple...
I wonder if the "sold date" was the cause for the non-activation or the stolen status a result of the edited "sold date". Someone with knowledge of Apple database care to chime in? Also what percentage are you guys seeing for not being able to active? I am at 0% defect for GPS-only and about 40-60% for LTE. In the case of LTE's, every "blacklisted" serial number showed a sale date of 1984 or '85 and 2017 or '18 for good ones.

Old 01-02-2018, 21:34   #13 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
I wonder if the "sold date" was the cause for the non-activation or the stolen status a result of the edited "sold date". Someone with knowledge of Apple database care to chime in? Also what percentage are you guys seeing for not being able to active? I am at 0% defect for GPS-only and about 40-60% for LTE. In the case of LTE's, every "blacklisted" serial number showed a sale date of 1984 or '85 and 2017 or '18 for good ones.
As far as I know when Apple blacklists a device, the date of purchase is always drafted back. I've seen stolen iPhones with similar backed dates and they were definitely stolen and blocked in the same fashion. Luckily all the demos I have are legit... just need to restore them...

Old 01-03-2018, 03:43   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradegon View Post
As far as I know when Apple blacklists a device, the date of purchase is always drafted back. I've seen stolen iPhones with similar backed dates and they were definitely stolen and blocked in the same fashion. Luckily all the demos I have are legit... just need to restore them...
That's good to know. Thank you!

Old 01-03-2018, 05:08   #15 (permalink)
Product Manager

in case of stolen and can not active:

this can do one test for retail activated watch, for example, login to icloud.com and setting the watch status to be "lost mode", then do completed restore. and then pair , to be sure the situation. (sadly i can not do test, becoz someone stolen my S3 LTE few days ago) :-)

Closed Thread